11th May 2011, 03:17 AM
kaushikrobin1

Which posts can i apply for in Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech(Automobile)? Exams for the same?

I am pursuing B.tech. in automobile branch. I want to know about my job prospects(for what posts or ranks I can apply) in merchant navy. What are the entrance exams for merchant navy in India and when they are held?

11th May 2011, 10:29 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which posts can i apply for in Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech(Automobile)? Exams for the same?

Your B-Tech in Automobile Engineering degree would be considered as just graduate degree in the field of Merchant Navy.

Merchant Navy requires Marine Engineers i.e they need engineering candidates having B-Tech degree in Marine Engineering.

You can join Deck as a Deck Cadet for which you need to do BSc in Nautical Science. Admission to BSc Nautical Science will be given on the basis of OPEN-NET examination conducted by IGNOU. Minimum educational qualification required by the candidate to be eligible for the exam is that the candidate must be 10+2 passout with 55% marks in PCM.
25th August 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which posts can i apply for in Merchant Navy after completing B.Tech(Automobile)? Exams for the same?

i have completed my b.tech in ECE and i want to join merchant navy so can you tell me the procedure to join merchant navy and this graduation degree is enough for joining merchant navy, this is my id [email protected] please reply on this id
28th January 2012, 11:51 AM
brajraj singh chauhan

I am pursuing B.tech. in mechanical branch. I want to know about my job prospects(for what posts or ranks I can apply) in merchant navy. What are the entrance exams for merchant navy in India and when they are held?[/QUOTE]
11th March 2013, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

please tell me all the posts in marchant navy???
19th July 2013, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.tech. in mechanical branch. I want to know about my job prospects(for what posts or ranks I can apply) in merchant navy. What are the entrance exams for merchant navy in India and when they are held?[/QUOTE]

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/posts-can-i-apply-merchant-navy-after-completing-b-tech-automobile-exams-same-156391.html#ixzz2ZUo6aLoL
11th February 2014, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing BE in mechanical branch , how can I apply for marchant navy. please give mi some information about that, my id is [email protected]
4th August 2015, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.tech. in mechanical branch. I want to know about my job prospects(for what posts or ranks I can apply) in merchant navy. What are the entrance exams for merchant navy in India and when they are held?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?