24th January 2016, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Whether NIOS certificate will affect my placement chances in top MNCs or not?

I have done class 10th from CBSE and 12th from NIOS Board. I have completed my B.Tech degree now and looking forward to join any tops MNC company. I want to know whether my NIOS certificate will affect my chances or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for re-exam of 12th ISC if pursuing Diploma in CSE and completed 1 year of B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  2. Should i show 12th certificate of NIOS and Diploma together at the time of placement?
  3. Does CBSE and NIOS has the same value? Will NIOS affect me in taking admission in engineering college? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Detailed information about NIOS Homeopathy Certificate course?
  5. Possibility of shifting from NIOS to CBSE after getting secondary certificate from NIOS?
  6. Why I am not getting admission in any college with NIOS certificate?
  7. Is NIOS marksheet applicable in all colleges of india?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Army Direct recruitment being a 10th NIOS student? How can they verify if address is not mentioned in NIOS Certificate?
  9. Can I get admission to study CBSE Higher Secondary after completing 10th NIOS?
  10. How to get NIOS transfer certificate with caste and date of birth details?
  11. If I have 61% with four standing arrears, can I still get a job at MNCs?
  12. Whether the 12th percentage and compartment certificate will affect at the time of placement? Should I repeat 12th instead of giving compartmental exam?
  13. Eligibility to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced for 12th NIOS student? Can I sit in counselling with NIOS Certificate? Whether NIOS is AICTE approved?
  14. Placement papers of various MNCs?
  15. Whether NIOS board certificate is accepted in Europe for further education?
  16. Is NIOS certificate valid for TCS campus placement?
  17. How to increase internship chances in MNCs for Computer Science students?
  18. Whether gap of 5 years between 10th and 12th will affect my job chances or not?
25th January 2016, 05:55 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS certificate will affect my placement chances in top MNCs or not?

As per my suggestion and knowledge I would like to suggest you that keep your academic performance in 12th and higher degree courses up to the mark. Try to score more than 60% in 12th and graduation because top MNC companies and other demand more than 60% as their cutoff for placement. Your skill, practical knowledge and percentage depends on your placement in companies not your board in 12th.
National Institute of Open Schooling is recognised board and is approved so there is no need to worry about your placement.
25th January 2016, 06:29 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether NIOS certificate will affect my placement chances in top MNCs or not?

No, it is wrong perception that if you have completed your 12th from NIOS board then it is going to affect your placement. It is recognized board.
Rather your percentage, practical knowledge etc matters. Top MNC Companies and other companies prefer those candidates who have percentage more than 60%.
Firstly gain experience in other small companies and then after experience apply for jobs in these top MNC companies.
25th January 2016, 07:27 PM
january2016

You did not mentioned that from which branch you have completed your B.tech degree. Because branch matters most in order to suggest you for the top MNC company of your field.

By the way if you have had the certificate from NIOS, then also you will be placed in any of the top MNC company.
Now a days what company prefer is the candidate with any of the technical background and must have completed his/her schooling in English medium with minimum of 60% marks throughout his/her academic career. So, if you have all these qualification then you will surely get placed in the top MNC company.
25th January 2016, 11:01 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, NIOS certificate will not affect your placement in MNCs.

The general eligibility criteria demanded by top MNCs is that the candidate must have secured above 65% in aggregate throughout the academics from a recognized board of education/ college.

As NIOS is a valid and recognized board of education and is equivalent to other national and state education boards.

If you have satisfied the eligibility criteria posted by MNCs, then the NIOS certificate will not affect your placements.
25th January 2016, 11:44 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done class 10th from CBSE and 12th from NIOS Board. I have completed my B.Tech degree now and looking forward to join any tops MNC company. I want to know whether my NIOS certificate will affect my chances or not?
Yes, it may affect your placement chances in top MNCs but not sure about it. The government says that the certificate from NIOS is equal to any other board, but then top MNCs may usually think otherwise. As the top MNCs recruits candidates who studied through regular mode only. So it is very difficult to get a job with NIOS certificate in top MNCs, whereas you can try for a job in government organizations, banks, public sector companies, railways etc. The aspirant may get a job in some other companies (recruit through marks scored in B.Tech); you work for some time gain experience and move further. It is one of the options.
23rd December 2021, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

I have done 10th from nios board and 12th from up board and i have completed my graduation and pursuing MBA health &Hospital management will my 10th nios marksheet will affect my placement?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?