Medical Officers (SSC Officers), Indian Army
About the Indian Army: It is one of the supreme forces of our Nation. It has been safeguarding us from a very long time. It is highly commendable for its great work for the country and serving its people with shear responsibility and enthusiasm.
Job profile: As a medical officer the candidates will be required to take care of the casualties. They will be required to take charge in cases of emergency and also to safeguard our soldiers.
Eligibility: A candidate must be an Indian citizen. The age of a candidate must not exceed 45 years as on 31st December 2009.
Educational Qualifications: A candidate must possess medical qualification included in 1st/2nd Schedule or Part II of the 3rd Schedule of IMC act 1956. PG holders (MD/MS/MCh/DM) may also apply. A candidate must have passed his/her MBBS in first/second attempt. A candidate must have completed his/her internship.
No. of posts: There are 300 vacancies in total.
Pay scale: On commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services will be granted the post of Captain in the scale of Rs15600-39100 + a grade pay of Rs6100 + military pay and other usual allowances will be given.
Selection procedure: The candidates will be selected on merit basis. A candidate will be called for an interview by a Board of Officers in the month on November 2009 at Army Hospital in New Delhi.
How to apply: The candidates have to send their applications in the format given in the advertisement or on the website. The candidates have to send a DD containing the code of the issuing bank of Rs200 drawn in the favor of Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (APF Fund) payable at New Delhi. The candidates must also send the attested copies of required documents and a self addressed envelope without stamp. The applications must be sent at the Office of Director General Armed Forces Medical Services/DG – 1A, Ministry of Defence, ‘M’ Block, New Delhi – 110001
Last date to apply is 21st August 2009.
For more details refer to the 1st August edition of the employment news or visit www.indianarmy.nic.in
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Career In Defence Services (Army)
- List of Defense Service Entrance Exams
- Eligibility Requirements for B.Sc Nursing in Army College of Nursing
- Officers, Territorial Army
- Difference between Indian Revenue Service (IRS) and Indian Administrative Service(IAS)
- Government Jobs in Ministry of Defence
- LIC Development Officers Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Dental Officers, Indian Army
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in Army College of Dental Science, Secunderabad
- Veterinary Corps, Indian Army
- Medical Officers, Public Service Commission (Uttar Pradesh)
- How to join military nursing service after B.Sc nursing?
- Law Officers, Indian army
- Difference between Foresters and Forest Range Officers