Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (PTU LEET Exam) Pattern
Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (PTU LEET) is conducted by Punjab Technical University. Candidates who wish to seek admission through lateral entry in engineering and pharmacy can attend the exam. The students who pass this test can join the 2nd year or 3rd semester classes for courses like engineering and pharmacy.
Institutes affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar; Guru Nanak University, Amritsar Punjab University, Patiala, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana etc. admit students based on Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test. Many students all over Punjab appear for the exam each year. The test conducted is through on line method.
Syllabus for PTU LEET Exam
The syllabus for the exam is same as that of the diploma/graduation syllabi. The questions asked for the exam will cover the entire syllabus. The student needs to prepare well with dedication for the exam so that they will be able to attend the questions well. Special effort is needed in the area chosen by the candidate as specialization. The exam duration is normally for two hours. Normally most of the questions will be from the following areas
- Mathematics or Biology
Specialization diploma or graduation stream
How to proceed for PTU LEET?
Notification for the exam will be announced in national newspapers and will be during the month of June or July. Candidates need to register through online. A pay slip for Rs.3000 need to be generated and the amount should be paid in the selected banks. The details regarding the payment of the fee are available in the following website: www.ptu.ac.in and www.ptuonline.in.
Candidates can call the helpline to get assistance and information regarding the admission.
Help line number: 1860 -180 -1811, 1800-266-2501
Eligibility for Admission
Eligibility criteria for lateral entry for engineering course
The basic eligibility criterion for lateral entry for engineering course is a pass in diploma course in engineering or equivalent. Candidates with non medical B.Sc degree are also eligible. Those candidates who are in the final semester can also attend the exam and they need to complete the course before the counseling date. Certain seats are reserved for candidates based on the rules of the Punjab government.
Eligibility criteria for lateral entry for pharmacy course
The candidates who have their diploma in pharmacy from an institute recognized by the Punjab University are treated as eligible. Those candidates currently doing their diploma are also eligible but the candidate needs to complete the course before the counseling date. Those candidates who fail to full fill the eligibility criteria will not be considered for the admission. Seats are reserved as per the rules of the government
- List of Engineering Lateral Entry Entrance Exams
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering Lateral Entry Admission in Punjab Technical University
- B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admission in Punjab Technical University
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Lateral Entry Admissions in Department of Technical Education, Haryana
- B.E. in Chemical Engineering Lateral Entry Admission in Thapar University
- B.E in Biotechnology Lateral Entry Admissions in Thapar University
- B.Tech Lateral Entry Admissions in Pondicherry Engineering College
- B.E. in Civil Engineering Lateral Entry Admission in Thapar University
- Thapar University LEET Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
- Procedure to get in to a degree course after diploma
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering in Lateral Entry Admissions in Calicut University
- MCA Lateral Entry Admissions in Sambalpur University
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Lateral Entry Admissions in Kashmir University
- B. Tech Information Technology Engineering in Lateral Entry Admissions in Calicut University
- M.Sc. (IT) Lateral Entry Admissions in Annamalai University