Syllabus and Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam
Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission and the exam is meant only for Indian Nationals who cares for the nation.
Candidates succeeding in this examination will be sent for training to any of the defence training academies as given below:
• Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai
• Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
• Naval Academy, Goa
• Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
From these academies, candidates completing their training from the first academy (OTA) are offered short service commission position, while candidates completing their training from the other three academies get permanent commission positions. The examination is conducted two times a year in the months of February and September. Notification for the examination is issued during the months of September/October for February examination and during the month of April/May for September examination.
Eligibility Criteria for CDS exam:
Age requirement: Age requirement to apply for CDS Exam is as follows:
• For IMA: Candidates must be unmarried male in the age group of 19 and 24 as on 1st January or 1st July of the year following the year of examination
• For Naval Academy: Candidates must be unmarried male in the age group or 19 and 22 as on 1st January or 1st July of the year following the year of examination
• For Air Force Academy: Candidates must be unmarried male in the age group or 19 and 23 as on 1st January or 1st July of the year following the year of examination
• For OTA: Candidates must be married/unmarried male in the age group or 19 and 25 as on 1st January or 1st July of the year following the year of examination
Educational Qualification: Educational qualification for the above four academies are given below:
• For IMA/OTA: Candidates must be degree holders in any discipline from a recognized university
• For Naval Academy: Candidates must have completed their B. Sc Physics/Mathematics or B.E. in any branch
• For Air Force Academy: Bachelor of Science with physics or mathematics as a subject or Bachelor of Engineering in any discipline
In addition, candidates should also medically fit and their medical fitness will be ensured through medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
Papers in CDS Exam:
Subject for written examination for admission to IMA, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
• General Knowledge
• Elementary Mathematics
Subject for written examination for Admission to OTA:
• General Knowledge
Syllabus for CDS Exam:
English: The question paper for this subject will have questions for testing the understanding of English language and usage of words.
General Knowledge: This paper is meant for testing the General knowledge inclusive of knowledge of current events. The paper will have questions of geography of nature and History of India and answering these questions under this section need not require any special study, only following up of daily happenings though newspapers/dailies, TV or internet is enough.
Elementary Mathematics: Elementary mathematics will have questions from the following chapters:
• Elementary number theory
• Unitary method
How to apply for CDS Examination?
Candidates can apply to this examination through the website of UPSC at www.upsconline.nic.in and detailed instruction for filling up application can be obtained from the same website. The cost of application of Rs.100 should be paid by candidates in the form of cash in any branches of SBI or net banking facility of SBI can also be used for remittance of fees. Payment can also be made with the help debit card/master credit card/visa card. However, SC/ST and female candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
So, candidates with the dream of entering into Defence, Indian Navy or Air force can apply for the CDS examination, however before applying they should ensure that they are meeting the eligibility requirement specified by the UPSC as specified above.
- Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (PTU LEET Exam) Pattern
- Eligibility criteria for Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus, Mathematics I B (Co-Ordinate Geometry And Calculus), Intermediate Model Exam Papers
- Difference between CBSE and State Board Syllabus
- Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus, Mathematics I A (Algebra, Vector Algebra and Trigonometry), Intermediate Model Exam Papers
- Eligibility criteria and syllabus of AmAeSI Examination
- IIT JEE Eligibility Criteria
- Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus, Mathematics IIA (Co-ordinate Geometry And Calculus), Intermediate Model Exam Papers
- JNU MCA Entrance Papers
- Andhra Pradesh State Syllabus, Mathematics IIB (Co-ordinate Geometry And Calculus), Intermediate Model Exam Papers
- SBI Clerical Entrance Exam Pattern
- M.A in Political Science, Political Science M.A
- Eligibility Criteria of B.Tech
- Government of Kerala Law Entrance Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for Ph.D in Microbiology Entrance exam?