How to join Indian Army?
Indian Army is one of the major wings of the Indian Armed forces. Indians can be proud on the matter that the Indian Army is the second largest Army among different nations of the world. The key charge of the land module of the Indian Armed force, the Indian Army is that to guarantee nationwide security from exterior hostility and threats and also to maintain internal peace. They also carry out various rescue operations occurring due to natural calamities and other turbulence. The illustrious history of Indian Army dates back to pre independence era. Indian Army has inherited its infrastructure from the British Indian Army.
Qualification to Joining the Army as Officer
Candidates who wish to join Indian Army as officer should have minimum passed a graduation degree. Only the candidates in the age group of 18 to 42 years can join Army. Those fulfilling the eligibility criteria can apply for the NDA test which is held twice a year. The date of exam will be published in the leading newspapers, in employment news and also in the official site of Indian Army. Those who pass the written test are eligible to appear for the SSB interview followed by a complete medical check up.
Qualification to Joining Army as a Junior Commissioned Officer
The candidates interested to join Indian Army as Junior Commissioned Officer should have at least a graduation along with NCC ‘C’ certification. Here all the candidates who apply for the post will be first interviewed by the Commanding Officer and then by the Sub Area/ Area Command Headquarters. After the interview session, the list of recommended candidates will be forwarded to the Directorate General of the Territorial Army.
Qualification to Joining Army as a Jawan
The minimum educational qualification needed is a matriculation. The interested eligible candidates should have to report to the recruitment office on the designated dates for taking in the tests. The test will be based on the laid down procedures. The selected ones have to go through the medical and police verification.
Training Institutes in India
The coaching centres for SSB interview after NDA test is there in almost all parts of India. The fees for the whole course will be in the range of about Rs. 5000. Among the various coaching institutes, some of the most prominent ones are listed below
- Cavalier India, Kerala
- Minerva Academy, Mohali
- New carriers academy, Chandigarh
- Baalnoi academy, Delhi
All the details regarding Indian Army is mentioned in its official website. The ones interested to serve the nation are advised to visit the portal
Official Website: http://indianarmy.nic.in
- Army Officer - How to become an Army officer?
- Eligibility Requirements for B.Sc Nursing in Army College of Nursing
- Procedure to join Technical department of Indian Army
- List of Defense Service Entrance Exams
- NCC Special Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Indian Army, Career in Indian Army
- Remount Veterinary Corps, Indian Amry
- Short Service Commission (Trainee) - Indian Army
- 25th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- Principal, Army Institute of Law
- Law Officers, Indian army
- 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- Career In Defence Services (Army)
- Para Commando - How to become a Para Commando?