Indian Army, Career in Indian Army
Army is considered to be the most integral element of defense in any country. Indian Army is the world’s largest standing volunteer army with about 1,100,000 soldiers in active service and about 960,000 reserve personnel. The primary mission of Indian Army is to ensure national security, territorial integrity of the nation against external aggression and to maintain peace and security within its borders. Army is also essential to aid the civil administration during internal security disturbances and for maintaining law and order in organizing relief operations at some stage during natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones, etc and in safeguarding other essential services of the nation.
Indian Army is organized into five regional commands which includes HQ Central Command, Lucknow, HQ Eastern Command, Calcutta, HQ Northern Command, Udhampur, HQ Western Command, Chandimandir, and HQ Southern Command, Pune. In addition to these, there is also an Army Training Command at Shimla where training strategies for the Army are made.
Job profiles in Indian Army
- Lieutenant General
- Army Commanders
- Major General
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Subedar Major
- Naib Subedar
- Naib Risaldar
- Warrant Officer
- Regimental Havildar Major
- Regimental Quarter Master Havildar
- Company Havildar Major
- Squadron Daffadar Major
- Company Quarter Master Havildar
- Squadron Quarter Master Daffadar
- Lance Daffadar
- Lance Naik
- Commissioned Officer
Career opportunities in Indian Army
Indian Army offer excellent career opportunities to the adventurous young candidates. A Career in Indian Army enables the candidates with immense facilities and a privileged lifestyle. The aspirants those who have completed their 10+2 standard can write National Defense Academy (NDA) test or Combined Defense Service (CDS) test or Technical Entry Scheme test for getting into Indian Army. The candidates those who have completed their graduation also have numerous job openings in Indian Army. Recruitments are also conducted for the selection of eligible engineers and law graduate to several job profiles.
The salary package in Indian Army depends on ones working profile. For Lieutenant, Caption and Major, the monthly salary may come in the range of Rs. 15,600/- to Rs. 39,100/-. For Lt. Colonel, Brigadier, Major General and Lt. General, it may come around in the range of Rs. 37,400/- to Rs. 67,000/- per month. In addition to the monthly salary, they may get grade pay, military pay and various other allowances depending on their job prospectus. Apart from these, the candidates in Indian Army can acquire professional advancement, job satisfaction, job security, economic stability and social status in the economy.
- Army Officer - How to become an Army officer?
- NCC Special Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- How to join Indian Army?
- Career In Defence Services (Army)
- Short Service Commissioned (SSC) Officer, Indian Army
- Remount Veterinary Corps, Indian Amry
- Short Service Commission (Trainee) - Indian Army
- 25th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme, Indian Army
- Principal, Army Institute of Law
- Eligibility Requirements for B.Sc Nursing in Army College of Nursing
- Law Officers, Indian army
- 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- Para Commando - How to become a Para Commando?
- 27th 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme Course, Indian Army
- Procedure to join Technical department of Indian Army