27th April 2010, 02:33 PM
kannus9

Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

I'm student of B.tech final year and I am very aggresive to join merchant navy but i don't no how to join merchant navy. piz give me right way to join merchant navy and telling about the various govt. collage that offering these type of the cources.....

Bharat Sharma
jammu

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  2. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  7. Can I join merchant Navy after completing B.Tech electronics and communication without entrance test or direct interview? Will there be any scholarship for SC candidates? How can I get into government colleges of Merchant Navy?
  8. Admission procedure in any Government college for Merchant Navy course? -- [New]
  9. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring mroe than 50% in PCM and more than 60% in English? List of merchant navy institutes?
  11. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  12. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  13. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  14. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Com?
  16. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy as a Pilot/Navigator
  18. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
27th April 2010, 08:43 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

dear,
there are several government approved merchant navy institutes where you can apply for joining merchant navy after BE .....

some of them are :-

T.S chanakya ,navi mumbai
marine engineering and reserch institute,kolkata
marine engineering and reserch institute,mumbai
lal bahadur sastri college of advance maritime studies and research,mumbai

for more information regarding the procedure and course visit the following link :-

http://www.namacindia.com/join_mn.htm

best of luck
3rd May 2010, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

i want to apply for G.P. rating for merchant navy from T.S chanakya ,navi mumbai. how to join this college
3rd May 2010, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

i want to apply for G.P. rating for merchant navy from T.S chanakya ,navi mumbai. how to join this college
3rd May 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

4th May 2010, 06:11 PM
amarjit
Senior Member++++

dear,
GP rating are for 10th pass candidates.....and i think t s chanakya dont give courses for gp ratings as it gives nautical science course to candidates qualifying iit......

for more details visit the following link :-

http://www.dgshipping.com/dgship/final/allied_tri1tsc.htm

best of luck
7th May 2010, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

12th May 2010, 12:48 PM
brrrravi

Thumbs up Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

hi, freind

following are the some of top colleges for merchant navy but here we not specify it is government or private:

Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI) Pune, India
B. S. Marine Engineering
Higher National Diploma in Marine Engineering
Drilling & Well Service Technology - Level 1
Ship Masters' Command & Control Course
Course on Safe Operation on-board Tankers & Chemical Carriers
Certification Course on Welding
Proficiency in Marine Electrical Engineering Course
B. S. Nautical Sciences
P & I and Risk Management Course
Post Graduate Diploma in Maritime Economics and Operations
Post Graduate Diploma in Transport and Logistics
Post Graduate Certificate Course in Marine Engineering

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai Mumbai, India
Chemical Tanker Familiarisation (CHEMFAM)
Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator
Liquefied Gas Tanker Familiarisation
Engine Room SimulatorOperational Level
Ship Manoeuvring Simulator
Oil Tanker Familiarisation (OILFAM)
Diploma in Nautical Science
B.Sc (Nautical Science)

International Maritime Institute (IMI) Delhi/NCR, India
Diploma in Nautical Science
B.Tech (Marine)
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
B.Sc (Hons.) Nautical Studies
B.Sc (Hons.) Marine and Composites Technology

best luck...
13th May 2010, 02:33 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The Government colleges for Merchant Navy are-

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai

Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.

T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai.

ok
all the best.
14th May 2010, 03:51 AM
bond007
Senior Member++

one of the best govt. institute for merchant navy is NAMAC....
but the form submission date for this is expire so just wait for next year or go for some private institute........
27th May 2010, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 2 with p.c.m my whole %tage is around 60%.i want to know whether i am eligible for the any one of the course between course offered by imu in B-TECH IN MARINE ENGINEERING OR B.SC IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE
29th May 2010, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

i am commerce student ,how join the merchant navy,please all information
30th May 2010, 05:39 PM
danish_ejaz

Smile Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannus9 View Post
I'm student of B.tech final year and I am very aggresive to join merchant navy but i don't no how to join merchant navy. piz give me right way to join merchant navy and telling about the various govt. collage that offering these type of the cources.....

Bharat Sharma
jammu
The Government Colleges are as follows

1)Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai
2)Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.
3)T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai.
4)Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai.

Following is the list of colleges in India with addres, eligibility criteria and course duration which provides Marine Engineering degree. Please note that this list of colleges is created dynamically based on the keyword 'Marine Engineering'.

Degree / Course College / Institute State Eligibility Course Duration

Marine Engineering International Institute of Maritime Science through IIT-JEE sector-8, Haldia Township-721607 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering College Of Engineering (Andhra University), Waltair, Visakhapatnam-530003 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Mohomed Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai-623806 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering The Calcutta Technical School, 110 S N Banerjee Road, Kolkata-700013 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training(MANET), MIT Campus,Paud Road, Pune-411038 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Tolani Maritime Institute, Sangurli Road,Post:Induri, Tal:Maval, Dist:Pune-410507 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering R L Institute of Nautical Science, Madurai, T.V.R.Nagar, Aruppukottai Road, Madurai-625022 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering The Shipping Corporation of India , Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai-400021 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineering(GRSE) Ltd, 5 Dr.R.N.Tagor Road,Kolkata-700056 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Shipbuilders Industry Society of Goa's Institute of Maritime Studies, ISBT Complex, Bogda, Vasco Da Gama - 403802 Goa 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai-400001 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai-400076 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 179, Kalidas Road, Dehradun-248001 Uttaranchal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad-500027 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering International Marine Communication Centre, 134/3 R.H. Road, near Luz Corner, Mylapore, Chennai-600004 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai-400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai–400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering, Eastern express highway, Near Everad Ngr., Chunabhatti, Chembur, Mumbai-400002 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai-400706 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
All D Best
3rd June 2010, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

can we get education loan for total fees of marine engg studies
3rd June 2010, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

i wants to know medical requirements for merchant navy
4th June 2010, 01:47 PM
sarath menon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannus9 View Post

Bharat Sharma
jammu
hey ther u can join marine engineering and resaerch institute (MERI) in kolkata and in mumbai...and ther are also good colleges in coimbatore.... try them....al d best....
6th June 2010, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

i am a final year b.e student...production engg branch n willing to join mer navy..can any one plz tell me whether a production engg is eligible for mer navy or not...if so should i write any entrace exam ..
18th June 2010, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,How can i join T.S CHANAKYA NAVI COLLEGE MUMbai [I have been just passed 12th]
23rd June 2010, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO DO G.PRATING COURSE IN ANY GOVERNMENT INSTITUTES IN MUMBAI SO PLEASE HELP ME
24th June 2010, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i vividly want to go in Merchant navy, but i am not getting the way to get admission for pre sea training course. i have done my B.E from mechanical...............plz tell me way for getting admission in good institutes with assured placement.

thks,
pushpendra balyan
28th June 2010, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Default BE (MECHANICL) How to join them?

sir,
this is nitin kr sharma want to go in Merchant navy, but i am not getting the way to get admission for pre sea training course. i have done my B.E from mechanical engineering from uni. of rajasthan in 2008 beach & i have a exp. of 2 years in piping erection so plz tell me way for getting admission in good institutes with assured placement.

thks,
Nitin kr sharma
29th June 2010, 08:06 PM
Senior Member+++

Sir ,How can i join T.S CHANAKYA NAVI COLLEGE MUMbai [I have been just passed 12th]
2nd July 2010, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam
i m poonam' im btech cse second year student i want to join merchant navy can i join .please tell me about this.please report on my email id [email protected]
thank,
poonam thakur
5th July 2010, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

My name is Hiten Bhaikatti. I like to admission in Marine Engineering officers. But I got marks in PCM in 12 std. group is Phy-51, Chem.-57, Math-65. = 173. I got PCM aggregate 57% I know all eligibility for Marine Engineering.
Then What can I do? %u201CPlease help me for admission in Marine Engineering officers OR any other field in Indian Navy%u201D for any Private or government college.
12th July 2010, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

i m doing B.E and im in last year, my branch is electronics and communication. can i join merchant navy?? and what is the procedure
13th July 2010, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO APPLY FOR DECK CADET FOR MERCHANT NAVY FROM T.S CHANAKYA , NAVI MUMBAI. HOW TO JOIN THIS CLLEGE.
14th July 2010, 07:06 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I WANT TO APPLY FOR DECK CADET FOR MERCHANT NAVY FROM T.S CHANAKYA , NAVI MUMBAI. HOW TO JOIN THIS CLLEGE.
Hello friend,

IF you want to apply for Deck Cadet in Merchant Navy, you will need to pursue B.Sc. in nautical science. To pursue the course from T.S.chanakya, Mumbai, you will need to crack the joint entrance examination conducted by IIT in the month of December/May every year.
After successful performance in the exam, you will have to pass the medical examination.

The institute also offers 3 months pre-sea training for Deck Cadet to the candidate sponsored by the recruiting company.
15th July 2010, 12:54 AM
Senior Member+++

Govt training Institutes : There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard :

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
22nd July 2010, 01:36 PM
vijay kumar pedapudi

dear friend ,
i am firstly congratulats you for having a will to join in the merchant navy career.
there some govt.colleges which are offering the merchant navy courses...
some of them are
ignou,delhi
ts chanakya,navi mumbai,
imu,mumbai
gud luck
6th August 2010, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed the 10 2,i want to join in merchant navy in gov. instititutes.please give send me the list of gov. institutes.my economic condition is not so good so which courses are suitable to me in minimum cost.can we get education loan for total fees.please give me some response about me.
my email id is [email protected].
tarique hussain
ranchi(jharkhand)
7th August 2010, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i am second yr student of electronics engg.,how can I get admission to merchant navy in government clg after BE and pls tell me about entrance exam and course for that @abhi786.999
24th August 2010, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am just study in final year in diploma electronics and telecomm.
i want to join merchant navy.so plz give me all the information about addimition
28th August 2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

helo sir i m hitesh pandit student of 3rd year.in electronics n communication..want join merchent navy. please guide me abut enterance exams n about the jobs in this field. at [email protected].
28th August 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me hw to join merchant navy in ts rahman
1st September 2010, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

i am a final year diploma student...information technology branch n willing to join mer navy..can any one plz tell me whether an information technology is eligible for mer navy or not...if so should i write any entrace exam ..
7th September 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a final year intermediate student iam want to know about placement of merchant navi ....how to orgnised ...
10th September 2010, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM ANKUSH NSHARMA I HAVE JOIE MARCHANT NAVY 2011 I AM APPARING 2 CLASS SESSION 2011 SO U HAVE SOGEST ME REGARDING THIS ..........AND WHERE THE FORM IS ABLABLE .................MY PHONE NO. 9805893122
15th September 2010, 12:19 AM
bhushan kalaskar

Question Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

m 12th student, i wan information about enterance exam for govt colleg. and when they will conducted n all........
i wan to know about BIMS
16th September 2010, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

HI SIR I M B.COM GRADUATE BUT I M VERY AGERESIVE MERCHANT NAVY PLZ CONFIRM A HOW JOIN TO MERCHANT NAVY BUT I HAVE 10 STANDARD SCIENCE PLZ CONFIRMATION
22nd September 2010, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

im a 4 yr mechanical eng student n i wana join to merchant navy as a me engr hw to entry in that field
29th September 2010, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

hiiii
i m 10 pass student and i want to join merchant navy.
where is the college or institute of gp rating in maharashtra.
7th October 2010, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

sir i m bs.c 1st year student i want to join merchant navy at the post of deck cadet please tell me about the procedure .an also about colaege in newdelhi
8th October 2010, 02:32 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

there are two govt. colleges i know in india which best for marchent navy are
Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai

Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.

all the best
26th October 2010, 02:06 AM
ajinkya@more

Question Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

I'm student of B.sc(comp.sci) final year and I am very aggresive to join merchant navy but i don't no how to join merchant navy. piz give me right way to join merchant navy and telling about the various govt. collage that offering these type of the cources.....
27th October 2010, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

when we get the notifications for merchant navya engineering
8th November 2010, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

hi sir my age 22 and my 10 standard percentage 39.9 and sir 12 standard my percentage 48 sir please suggest which type college i doing course g.p rating my email address [email protected]
9th November 2010, 05:31 AM
Unregistered

government collage for merchant navy?how to join them & how many fees in this for the cource?
11th November 2010, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

is dolphin mariner acadmey is for doing merchant navy
19th December 2010, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi my name is anchul bedi...i want to join in merchant navy..i have done 12th this year with 65% marks and my stream was commerce...plz reply me as soon as possible..!
My contact no. Is 8527368405
26th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

hello i am shivam. i am in engineering final year. my dream is to make a captain in merchant navy.how can i get it?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?