27th December 2010, 08:11 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

DEAR FRIEND

There are many prestigeous Merchant Navy colleges apporved by goverment of INDIA ther Fee structur is apporximatly 20 lakhs for full course.

The college are :-
1)Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai
2)Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.
3)T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai.
4)Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai.

For further detail visit site www.dgshiping.com

GOOD LUCK........

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  2. How to join Merchant navy after completing 12th? List of the government colleges?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after passing 12th?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  6. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  7. Can I join merchant Navy after completing B.Tech electronics and communication without entrance test or direct interview? Will there be any scholarship for SC candidates? How can I get into government colleges of Merchant Navy?
  8. Admission procedure in any Government college for Merchant Navy course? -- [New]
  9. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after scoring mroe than 50% in PCM and more than 60% in English? List of merchant navy institutes?
  11. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  12. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  13. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  14. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  15. How to join Merchant Navy after doing B.Com?
  16. Common application form for non upsc entries?
  17. How can I join Merchant Navy as a Pilot/Navigator
  18. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
10th January 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

hi iam b.com student and i got 58 percentage in hsc and 48 percentage ssc but in mathmatics iam very poor, is there any possibilities to appear any course for marchant neavy, iam 22
23rd January 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir, I am diplmo engg student in mech sir I join marchant plzzzz inform all datles.
29th January 2011, 01:17 PM
umesh lal verma

how to entry in merchant navy for electrical engineers and can u explain me in detail please??? is it better future opportunity to make a bright career???
29th January 2011, 02:17 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to apply for G.P. rating for merchant navy from T.S chanakya ,navi mumbai. how to join this college
hello friend.........
to join the college of the t s chanakya you have to qualify the iit exam...
but then t s chanakya according to me do not provide the GP rating for the merchant navy instead it provides the other merchant navy courses like nautical science.......
29th January 2011, 02:26 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend......
the good government colleges for the merchant nay are :
iit bombay
t s chanakya college, navi mumbai

the entrance to there colleges is through the entrance exam called to be as iit......
7th February 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i vividly want to go in Merchant navy, but i am not getting the way to get admission for pre sea training course. i have done my B.E from electronics & communication ...............plz tell me way for getting admission in good institutes with assured placement.
18th February 2011, 01:08 PM
Rudesh

[QUOTE=rahul k;69498]dear friend

hey dude:
how to join
21st March 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

please tell me how can i got merchant navy job, presently i am purusing diploma in electronics engg. finalyear,, which type cousrse i can do for this .......... please give me source for this..
23rd March 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

sir i want to know i apply to g.p.rating in gourngaon dgn marintime colleges so tell me what cost in g.p rating course
25th March 2011, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

I want to know government colleges for merchant navy fee structure.and do i have to crack entrance exam conducted by IIT
8th April 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

Quote:
i want to apply for G.P. rating for merchant navy from T.S chanakya ,navi mumbai. how to join this college
yes
my name is harish i am jion t.s chanakya acadmy for course g.p rating
24th April 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

i am 12th science apprearing student and i want to know that how can i get admission in merchant navy colleges without qualifying IIT or AIEEE examination.
27th April 2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

From where do we get Merchant Navy form?
12th May 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is sagar bhore.i m graduate student zoology is my last year subject an completed my 12th in physics,chemistry,biology but not taken maths. i am willlingly want to joint merchant navy is there any course that i can be a officer level or if not then which course is capable to my criteria.. plz sujest i am in tension about my carrer. send me my answer to my email id [email protected]..
contact no 9987326577
i am waiting to your reply

Regards
12th May 2011, 09:51 PM
sagar uttam bhore

hello sir i want to join merchant navy i m b.sc graduate in zoology.the problem is that i completed my 12th in physics,chemistry & biology. so can i m aplicable to do officer level course if not so which course is aplicable for my criteria. please reply as soon possible coz i am in big tens about my carrer.my email id is [email protected]
contact no. 9987326577
12th May 2011, 09:57 PM
sagar uttam bhore

hello sir i want to join merchant navy i m b.sc graduate in zoology.the problem is that i completed my 12th in physics,chemistry & biology. so can i m aplicable to do officer level course if not so which course is aplicable for my criteria. please reply as soon possible coz i am in big tens about my carrer.my email id is [email protected]
contact no. 9987326577
13th May 2011, 04:00 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

1. T.S Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

The admission to this Institute for three year degree course is done through Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) conducted by IIT.

The candidate should not be more than 20 years of age, on 1st October and should have cleared screening test of IIT, to apply for this course.

After qualifying the screening test of the IIT, the boy who is keen to pursue the career in Merchant Navy, as a Deck Officer, has to fill up an application form which is available at Directorate General of Shipping, Mumbai, and at the selected branches of Syndicate Bank all over India.

The advertisement for this, is published in leading news papers of the country in the month of July and December every year, giving procedure for admission.

After completing a 3-year course at T.S. Chanakya, a student is awarded Degree in Nautical Science by Mumbai University and is required to go on board ship for one year sea training.

The cost of the training in T.S. Chanakya is about Rs. 30,000. per year including tuition fees, hostel and messing. Personal expenses are to be borne by the student.

T S. Chanakya also conducts 3 month Pre-Sea Deck Cadets Course.

The candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level or 55% marks in the B. Sc. and should be below 22 years of age or should have passed BE/B.Tech. from a college recognized by AICTE and is below 24 years of age.

The advertisement for this course is published 2 months before the commencement of the course in Employment News and other leading news papers.

After completion of the course, the candidate is to obtain requisite sea time of 2 to 3 years before appearing for 2nd Mate competency exam.

During their sea attachment, these candidates, usually, are paid nominal pocket allowances by the shipping companies, in addition to free messing and accommodation on the ship

For further details, contact Capt. Superintendent, T.S. Chanakya at the following address : Capt.Superintendent, Training Ship Chanakya, Karave, Navi Mumbai., Tel. 022- 770 3876

2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata

The Institute conducts 4 year degree course in Marine Engineering recognized by AICTE and affiliated to University of Jadhavpur.

The admission to this course is also done through Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) of IIT and the eligibility for this course is same as of Training Ship Chanakya and the admission to this Institute is also conducted along with the selection to the T.S. Chanakya on the basis of the merit list provided by JEE, IIT.

The admission procedure and the fees for this course is also in line of T.S. Chanakya as mentioned above.

For further details, contact Marine Engineering & Research Institute, P-19, New Taratalla Road, Kolkata – 700 088, Tel. 033- 401 4673

3. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai

It provides 1 year Pre-Sea Training to graduate Mechanical Engineers to enable them to go on ships as Junior Engineers.

To be eligibile for this course, the candidate should have passed engineering degree in mechanical or in Naval Architecture from the AICTE recognized Institute.

The selection is done on the basis of merit and the advertisement for this course is published in Employment News and other leading news papers in the month of November every year.

The fees for this course is around Rs. 1,40,000/- including messing, uniform and accommodation

For further details, contact, Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai – 400 033, Tel. 022- 3723577,E-mail - [email protected]

4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies and Research is a premier post-sea Maritime Education and Training Institute offering a comprehensive range of courses for Merchant Navy Officers
13th May 2011, 07:37 PM
Roysons

Dear,

Some of the colleges available are as follows:-

1.) Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai.
Website:- http://www.dgshipping.com/dgship/fin...ed_tri1lbs.htm

2.) Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.

3.) T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai.

4.) Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai.

Thanks.
13th May 2011, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is sagar bhore.i m graduate student zoology is my last year subject an completed my 12th in physics,chemistry,biology but not taken maths. i am willlingly want to joint merchant navy is there any course that i can be a officer level or if not then which course is capable to my criteria.. plz sujest i am in tension about my carrer. send me my answer to my email id [email protected]..
contact no 9987326577

regards
13th May 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

contact no 9987326577
13th May 2011, 10:07 PM
sagar bhore

contact no 9987326577

regards
16th May 2011, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am Mahendra, please give me the information how to join government marine college.
18th May 2011, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
my name is DEEPAK AWATE
my date of birth is 04/11/1991
i m passeed my 12th exam in feb 2009 <43.38%> plain science side
but i m not gived cet exam.
should i eligible for Merchant Navy?
please reply as soon as possible.In my email id < [email protected] >
21st May 2011, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am Pankaj I am a diploma in Computer Engg. student...
to join mearchant navy..
Sir plz reply me E-id -- [email protected]
Mobile no. 8149994550
30th May 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

sar i am gaurav panchal haw to join merchant navy
Plz. Tell me at my no.7828046123
8th June 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

iam in 10 2by the pcmb criteria.i want to joint merchant navy.1.how can i joint it?what are cources that are essential for it?2.and after 10 2by the pcmb some entrance exams are needed,which are they?please tell me.
8th June 2011, 09:42 PM
asdfghnmas

iam 10+2 pcmb student.i want to joint merchant navy.what cources are needed for it?after getting y 10+2pcmb result which cources are needed for it?what are the entrance exams needed for the it?please tll me.
12th June 2011, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

CAN I JOINT THE MERCHANT NAVY OR INDIAN NAVY AFTER COMPLETION OF MY DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL FROM GOVT. POLYTECHNIC MUMBAI NOW I AM IN FORTH YEAR I GETTING TRAINING IN BRUHNMUMBAI ELECTRICITY SUPPLYS AND TRANSPORT ?
13th June 2011, 01:52 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

there are several government approved merchant navy institutes where you can apply for joining merchant navy after BE .....

some of them are :-

T.S chanakya ,navi mumbai
marine engineering and reserch institute,kolkata
marine engineering and reserch institute,mumbai
lal bahadur sastri college of advance maritime studies and research,mumbai

for more information regarding the procedure and course visit the following link :-

http://www.namacindia.com/join_mn.htm

Thanks
14th June 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

i wann join merchant navy . i m a commerce student i had passsed my h.s.c in 2007. my percent is 40%. so can i join merchant navy .
21st June 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

is there any institute in nashik and aurangabad
3rd July 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danish_ejaz View Post
The Government Colleges are as follows

1)Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai
2)Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.
3)T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai.
4)Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai.

Following is the list of colleges in India with addres, eligibility criteria and course duration which provides Marine Engineering degree. Please note that this list of colleges is created dynamically based on the keyword 'Marine Engineering'.

Degree / Course College / Institute State Eligibility Course Duration

Marine Engineering International Institute of Maritime Science through IIT-JEE sector-8, Haldia Township-721607 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering College Of Engineering (Andhra University), Waltair, Visakhapatnam-530003 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Mohomed Sathak Engineering College, Kilakarai-623806 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering The Calcutta Technical School, 110 S N Banerjee Road, Kolkata-700013 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training(MANET), MIT Campus,Paud Road, Pune-411038 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Tolani Maritime Institute, Sangurli Road,Post:Induri, Tal:Maval, Dist:Pune-410507 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering R L Institute of Nautical Science, Madurai, T.V.R.Nagar, Aruppukottai Road, Madurai-625022 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering The Shipping Corporation of India , Shipping House, 245 Madame Cama Road Mumbai-400021 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineering(GRSE) Ltd, 5 Dr.R.N.Tagor Road,Kolkata-700056 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Shipbuilders Industry Society of Goa's Institute of Maritime Studies, ISBT Complex, Bogda, Vasco Da Gama - 403802 Goa 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai-400001 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), Powai, Mumbai-400076 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, 179, Kalidas Road, Dehradun-248001 Uttaranchal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Indian Marine College, P.S. No. 1262, Kachiguda Station Road, Hyderabad-500027 Andhra Pradesh 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering International Marine Communication Centre, 134/3 R.H. Road, near Luz Corner, Mylapore, Chennai-600004 Tamil Nadu 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai-400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai–400033 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088 West Bengal 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering, Eastern express highway, Near Everad Ngr., Chunabhatti, Chembur, Mumbai-400002 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. 4 years

Marine Engineering T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai-400706 Maharashtra 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.
All D Best
thankyou/
3rd July 2011, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

I am pass 12 sci iwant to do career in marchant navi
7th July 2011, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

anchul bedi 8527368405 you are selected come to chatripura. do fast limited seats. call at capt. nikhil marmat 8989548444, capt. ashok kumawat 8085562051
11th July 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i complite BSC IT in punjab technical univercity with 57% now i want to join merchent or indian navy how to join ?
plz give me colleges list for it and contact no. of colleges or institute

my contact no.
91-9974559121
13th July 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them?free of cost

Quote:
i am sayed ahsanali,i am 12th pass and i want to join free of cost so please mail me how i join?my e-mail id is [email protected]
21st July 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

i want to join government merchant navy college. plz show me the way. ive just passed 12th (2011) with 71% marks.
24th July 2011, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

SIR,I 'M A STUDENT OF B.COM 2nd YEAR..........CAN I JOIN MERCHANT NAVY?

ANIL KUMAR GAUR
LUCKNOW
[email protected]
19th August 2011, 08:07 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Govt training Institutes :here i given Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard :

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.

T.S. Chanakya, Karaus, New Mumbai.
26th August 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is kapil and i working in malaysian ship after 9 month what i do for watching my mobile no 0108007918
27th August 2011, 05:10 AM
Unregistered

sir, i want a sample paper of merchant navy?
27th August 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i am student of b.sc. Ag how can i join marchent navy
31st August 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

i have admitioned in a.s.m.s. Dehradun .will i succes in marchent navy
3rd September 2011, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

sir please send me when application of colleges are available
9th September 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

i am a 10 pass student
i am interested in marchant navy can you tell me what is the reqirement and fess then govermant colleges lesta
16th September 2011, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

im a 4 yr CS eng student n i wana join to merchant navy as a me engr hw to entry in that field

email [email protected]
mob-9981463490
17th September 2011, 12:51 AM
saugata2008

Name of some Govt. colleges where you can get admission after 12th if you can fulfill the eligibility criteria -
1. Marine Engineering and research Institute in Mumbai
2. Marine Engineering and research Institute in Kolkata
3. T.S.Chanakya in Navi mumbai
eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy -
1. 12th with PCM from any recognized university .
2. At least 60% marks in 10th and 12th .
3. Age limit = 19 to 23 years .

To get admission you have to go through a entrance test and a Interview session .

For more details visit -
www.bharatshipping.com

Thank you
21st September 2011, 06:50 AM
Harry juneja

Boss there is two colleges in delhi one is ari for which u requiered 60prcnt in pcm...another is sri ram for that u reqiere 55prcnt .. But for both u require to give a proper imu exams... First of all apply for imu then think forward.. Bol
22nd September 2011, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

I'm now in last year of B.Sc.(Biotechnology) & want to join merchant navy afer B.Sc.
Can i applicable or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?