5th May 2018, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET exam even if I fail in Mathematics in 12th board exam?

Although, I have passed my 12th board exam with 50% having subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology I failed in Mathematics only. Will I be allowed to apply for NEET exam?

15th July 2018, 04:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET exam even if I fail in Mathematics in 12th board exam?

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

1. Physics, Chemistry and Biology are compulsory subjects in 12th for admission in MBBS and BDS course.

But if you have taken mathematics as additional subject then you must clear the subject.

You can not write NEET unless you secure passing marks in mathematics subject.
15th July 2018, 04:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET exam even if I fail in Mathematics in 12th board exam?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) in PCB group subjects from a recognized university.

So, having failed in Mathematics paper but managing to secure 50% marks in PCB group subjects in your Class 12th board examination, you are eligible to appear in NEET if you are declared as a passed candidate from your board of education having failed in your optional paper otherwise you will have to clear your Mathematics paper for further studies.

For more details regarding NEET, you can refer to its official link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th July 2018, 05:03 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

As per latest report, it will be conducted twice from next year by a new body called National Testing Agency.

To apply for this examination, you must have passed in all subjects of board examination. You can not apply for NEET if you have failed in mathematics. Apply for compartment exam and pass it before next NEET notification.
15th July 2018, 06:34 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NEET examination. NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test and this examination is conducted by CBSE for admission in medical courses.

The eligibility to appear this examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB from a recognized board with minimum 50% marks.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination if you have selected the Mathematics as optional paper.

For more information, you can visit at www.cbse.nic.in.
15th July 2018, 09:51 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

NEET is conducted by CBSE for MBBS and BDS course.

To apply for this examination, a candidate must have passed in all subjects of 12th. He must have studied PCB and secured at least 50% marks.

You are not eligible for NEET if you have taken mathematics and failed in it.
10th August 2018, 05:51 PM
Sarashereen

The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is an entrance examination in India.

ELIGIBILITY:
PCB-50% marks in your 12th boards.
If Math is your optional one,it is not count on the percentage basis but you should atleast need to pass in that subject as well.
Otherwise you are not eligible for NEET.
You should give your supplementary Exam and clear that subject as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?