23rd June 2016, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take Law after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

Can i take law after passing class 12 from N.I.O.S course? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the Law course? Can you please provide me the complete information on this? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!

23rd June 2016, 12:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take Law after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

You can apply for Law entrance test after completion of 10+2 board exams from National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS certificates are applicable for admission in all higher studies academic institutions and government jobs.

*The entrance exam for admission in undergraduate course of law after 10+2 is called Common Law Entrance test.

*You can apply for this exam only if you have minimum of 45% marks in board exams of 10+2. This is minimum criteria for this examination.

The official website of this exam is http://www.clat.ac.in.
23rd June 2016, 01:53 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

Yes of course you are eligible for the LLB after completing 12th from NIOS, you can apply for the 5 year BA LLB Course, for this you have to appear in CLAT Entrance exams. After scoring good marks In CLAT Exams, you will get good Law Colleges. Following are some top colleges where you can apply:

National Law School of India University, Bangalore.

NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad

National Law Institute University, Bhopal.

West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.

National Law University, Jodhpur.

Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur.

Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.

Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.

Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala.

Chanakya National Law University, Patna.

National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
23rd June 2016, 04:47 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Law courses after 10+2 with NIOS. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under ministry of Human Research and Development.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination to get admission in the course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board in any discipline.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in entrance examination eligible for admission. Some of entrance examination are :-

* CLAT.
* BHU LAT.
23rd June 2016, 04:56 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to take Law after completion of 12th from NIOS board.

You have to clear CLAT exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is a common entrance exam for the national law universities of India.

The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in 10+2 exam in any stream for LLB course.

-The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for open category and 22 years for SC/ST candidate.

-Syllabus for the entrance exam :-

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.
23rd June 2016, 05:07 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to take Law after completion of 12th from NIOS board.

You have to clear CLAT exam with good marks to get admission in good law colleges.

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. It is a common entrance exam for the national law universities of India.

The eligibility criteria for CLAT exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have secured minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in 10+2 exam in any stream for LLB course.

-The candidate age should not be more than 20 years for open category and 22 years for SC/ST candidate.

-Syllabus for the entrance exam :-

* Logical Reasoning

*General Awareness

*Aptitude Test

*Communication skills.
23rd June 2016, 10:04 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** Yes you are eligible to take Law after completion of 12th from NIOS board.

** The minimum eligibility for LAW course is that you should have pass in 12th class with a minimum of 50%.

** Also you nee to appear in CLAT Entrance exams for the admission in LAW course.

BEST COLLEGE FOR YOU

** National Law Institute University, Bhopal.

** West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.

** National Law University, Jodhpur.

** Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur.

** Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.

** Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow.
23rd June 2016, 11:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS is recognised board and candidates passed board examination are eligible to appear for various entrance examination for recruitment in jobs or to get admission in higher studies.

So, you are eligible to get admission in LLB courses after 10+2 from NIOS board. The required eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board.

Candidates passed in any discipline are eligible to appear for entrance examination for final selection.

CLAT examination is conducted for admission in National Law universities of India. For information about CLAT visit at www.clat.ac.in.
24th June 2016, 05:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can i take law after passing class 12 from N.I.O.S course? What is the minimum criteria required to apply for the Law course? Can you please provide me the complete information on this? Awaiting to get the response soon. Thank you!
After completion of 12th standard from NIOS board, you are eligible for admission in Law college.

Those candidates aho have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for Law admission.

There are no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?