20th October 2012, 01:22 AM
Kathakali Dastidar

Am I eligible to write GATE exam after passing B.Tech IT?

I am a student of B. Tech. in IT, am I eligible to write GATE exam. in ECE?

20th October 2012, 07:46 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write GATE exam after passing B.Tech IT?

hi,
[IMG]trak.in/info/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gate_entrance_eam_2012.jpg[/IMG]
GATE exam stands graduate aptitude test in engineering.
Eligibility for gate exam:-
Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
Master’s degree holders in any br[IMG]1.bp.blogspot.com/_sK0ko5FpfeI/SrYszw29X5I/AAAAAAAAB_M/bL9W3ugfVfE/s400/GATE+Exam+GG+Question+Paper+Pattern.png[/IMG]anch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programme.
Final year students are also eligible.
There is no maximum age limit.
For more information,
Visit the official website
20th October 2012, 08:22 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, You are eligible to write GATE exam after passing B.Tech. in IT.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs and other reputed Institutions.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised university, is eligible to apply for GATE.

There is no upper age limit for application to GATE.

For more information you may log on to http://www.iitk.in
20th October 2012, 09:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathakali Dastidar View Post

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

You have completed your Engineering degree in IT so you are applicable for GATE Exam but there is no separate exams for IT departments .So you can sit here through Computer Science department.

Your query about if you can sit for ECE department , the answer is NO .You can sit here only CS department.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2012 GATE exam.

20th October 2012, 09:25 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear .........
Yes, you are eligible for appearing GATE exam , I am providing you the eligibility criteria from where you will be sure.

1. Bachelor degree holder in engineering /technology (4years after +2 ) & those candidates you are in final year can apply .

2.Bachelor degree holder in engineering /technology ( post: b.sc/ post diploma ) & those candidates you are in final year can apply .

3. Master degree holder in any branch like science / mathematics / or its equivalent are also those who are in final year can appy.

4. Candidates in the second or higher year of the four year Integrated master's degree programme (Bsc) in engineering .

The syllabus for GATE exam :

The list of best books from where you can prepare for your exam:

Good luck.............
20th October 2012, 09:43 AM
aravindgopika
Junior Member+

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
20th October 2012, 11:22 AM
sanjaychauhan01

Dear..

GATE is graduate aptitude test in engineering and all the graduate in engineering students are eligible to apply for the GATE exam. So you are eligible for the exam of GATE.

Other qualifications are as follows :-
If you are in Final year then you have to submit a written note by you and signed by your principal saying that you are in finaly year and you will surely clear the exam in the next year.

You can refer www.gate.iitb.ac.in for more information in detail.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
20th October 2012, 11:27 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The candidates will be given admission for M.tech. This exam will be conducted once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Candidate should have completed Graduation on Engineering with any Stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing prefinal year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

ALL THE BEST.
20th October 2012, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

what marks should i attempt to select for AIIMS
20th October 2012, 02:41 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Dear friend,

As you have completed B.Tech in Information Technology, so you are eligible to appear in GATE exam. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IITs for the admission of candidates in their M.Tech course. Mostly Public Sector Companies also recruits candidates on the basis of GATE score.

But as you have completed B.Tech in Information Technology branch so you are eligible to apply for GATE exam only for IT branch. You can't write GATE exam for ECE branch. You can continue your M.Tech course only in that particular branch in which you have completed B.Tech course.

Eligibility for GATE Exam:-

1-> You should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology /Architecture etc.

OR

2-> You should have completed Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent.

3-> Those candidates who are in final year of their Bachelor's/Master's degree course are also eligible to apply for the exam.

Important Dates for GATE Exam:-

Commencement of Online Application submission for GATE 2013 --> Saturday 1 Sept 2012

Last date for Submission of Online Application Form for GATE 2013 (website closure) --> Sunday 30 Sept 2012

Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office--> 8 October 2012

Last date for request of change of city--> 20 November 2012

Availability of admit card on Online Application Interface for GATE 2013 --> 5 December, 2012

GATE 2013 Online Examination for Papers AR, CE, GG, MA, MT, PH and TF
--> Sunday 20 January 2013 (09:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs)

GATE 2013 Online Examination for Papers AE, AG, BT, CH, CY, MN, XE and XL --> Sunday 20 January 2013 (14:00 Hrs to 17:00 Hrs)

GATE 2013 Offline Examination for Papers CS, ME and PI Sunday --> 10 February 2013 (09:00 Hrs to 12:00 Hrs)

GATE 2013 Offline Examination for Papers EC, EE and IN Sunday --> 10 February 2013 (14:00 Hrs to 17:00 Hrs)

Announcement of results --> Friday 15 March 2013 (10:00 Hrs)
20th October 2012, 05:32 PM
DASHARD

Yes you can definitely appear for the GATE exam but in your stream only.

GATE is a common entrance exam for admission into M.tech courses in various engineering institutes across India.

>>Only Engineering candidates of Electrical/mechanical/civil/ECE/CS and IT can appear for this exam.

>>one also needs to have minimum 50% marks in B.tech to be eligible.

>>you can also appear for the exam while in final year of engineering.

AS you have mentioned that you belong to CS branch, then you can appear for the GATE exam in CS stream only and not in ECE.

good luck
20th October 2012, 08:40 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Information Regarding GATE Examination.

Yes, definitely you are eligible for to appear in the GATE examination for only IT branch. Nice to see your interest in the field of higher study. GATE stand for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is conducted by the management of IIT college and ISC college for the admission in the M.Tech course.

For eligibility Criteria and details information please visit this website :~ http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/

As per your above mention question if you completed the B.Tech course in the IT branch then you are definitely eligible for the GATE entrance examination.

This examination is conducted once in every year. You can also appear in the GATE-2013 entrance examination. So, don't worry you are eligible to appear in the GATE examination. Do preparation well for getting a good score in the GATE entrance examination. I wish you will get a good score in the upcoming GATE examination. All the best.
20th October 2012, 09:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-Yes you are eligible to give GATE exam after passing B.Tech. in IT.

-If you want to give GATE exam then you should be in B.Tech final year or B.Tech graduate form a recognised technical university.

-GATE is Graduate aptitude test in engineering. If you qualify GATE then you will be eligible for admission in M.Tech program with scholarship.

-You will be given stipend if you do M.Tech from a AICTE approved college.

-GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for Junior research fellowship. IT will also help you in doing doctorate if future if you wish to do it.

BEST OF LUCK....
23rd October 2012, 03:43 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write GATE exam after passing B.Tech IT?

Quote:
GATE stands for Graduated Aptitude Test for Engineering Conducted by IIT-JEE Mumbai every year for taking admission in master of Engineering........

>> Yes, After Completing your B.Tech you are eligible for applying GATE exam......

>> There is no any age limit or any Attempt limit you can apply till you have not clear this exam......

>> Final Year student may also apply for GATE exam.....

~~~~#~#~#~#~# Books for GATE IT Exam #~#~#~#~#~~~~~

GATE 2013: Computer Science & Information Technology (With CD)
Price: Rs.489

GATE: Computer Science and Information Technology Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012 - 2000) With 1 Model Paper & 2 Practice Sets
by
Nitesh Jain
Price: Rs.168

10Years' Solved Papers GATE: Computer Science And Information Technology
by
The Gate Academy
Price: Rs.266

GATE Computer Science & Information Technology: Topic Wise Solved Papers

GATE Tutor Computer Science & Information Technology(English)

by Er. Shanti Kirupani, Prachi Jain, Amrita Mishra
Product Code: 28352318
Price: Rs.417

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
23rd October 2012, 08:12 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Hi friends,

You are passing a B.tech so you are eligible for appearing GATE exam.

>> eligibility criteria

> Candidates in the second or higher year of the four year Integrated master's degree programme in engineering

> One can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

> There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

> Bachelor degree holder in engineering /technology & those candidates you are in final year can apply

> Master degree holder in any branch like science or its equivalent are also those who are in final year can appy.

> Bachelor degree holder in engineering /technology & those candidates you are in final year can apply .

> There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

Best of luck
27th October 2012, 08:02 PM
Kathakali Dastidar

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible to write GATE exam in ECE after passing B.Tech IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BISWARUPYOGI View Post
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission and some of the organization recruit the candidate through GATE score.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.There is no marks criteria.

You have completed your Engineering degree in IT so you are applicable for GATE Exam but there is no separate exams for IT departments .So you can sit here through Computer Science department.

Your query about if you can sit for ECE department , the answer is NO .You can sit here only CS department.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years.3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2012 GATE exam.

According to GATE notification, The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree.

The candidate is, however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission.
2nd October 2013, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

can i apply for gate after 2 years of passing the btech in IT..
25th August 2019, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

After passing btech in information technology what should one do. Whether mtech or job through campus .what is the right decision.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?