21st November 2011, 05:56 PM
Ananthpranov

Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after B.Tech ECE and while working in private telecommunication sector?

Can i appear the exam for IPS ? iam B.Tech in ECE and working in PVT-Telecomm sector since last 10 years.

rgs
Ananth

Related Questions:
  1. How to shift to government sector while working in private sector?
  2. List private sector job opportunities for females in Telecommunication sector? -- [New]
  3. Should I quit my job to prepare for IPS exams?
  4. How can I develop my career in the Telecom Sector after working in Telecommunication Sector?
  5. Job in private Telecom sector for B.Tech(E&TC) final year student?
  6. How to get job in core private sector after completion of B.E ECE course?
  7. Is it possible for me to join the public sector if I am working in automobile manufacturing private sector?
  8. Which is more preferable, a private or a government sector? I'm working for more than 2 years in private with salary $12000 and now i've government job with salary $400
  9. What I have to do to get good job in private sector?
  10. Job opportunities in private sector for B.Com graduate who is working in a Private Bank?
  11. How many public and private sector companies are there in India?
  12. Which government sector jobs in research field i can get after B.Tech (ECE) completion?
  13. What are the job opportunities after giving GATE exam in the public and private sector? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE in 3rd year
  14. Scope of M.Tech after B.Tech(ECE) in terms of jobs in government and private sector?
  15. Should I switch over to private sector(TCS) while working in Public Sector companies? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Job opportunities in Private Sector for ECE graduate?
  17. How can I do diploma in Electrical after 10th and working in Telecommunication sector?
  18. Which writers book should I refer for entrance exams like BHEL, NTPC and other government or private sector companies?
22nd November 2011, 10:53 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after B.Tech ECE and while working in private telecommunication sector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthpranov View Post
Can i appear the exam for IPS ? iam B.Tech in ECE and working in PVT-Telecomm sector since last 10 years.

rgs
Ananth
Yes, You are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil services examination Next Year, If your aim is to become IPS Officer in Future.

But To appear for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course and you must have attained the age of 21 years and Not have attained the age of 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

If you have Fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria, then yes you are eligible to apply for Next year UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is Conducted by UPSC, Every year in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary
>> Mains

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and those who cracked Preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination.

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and Both are of same marks and duration. So please prepare well for Preliminary examination, only then you are eligible for Main examination. In Main examination, You have to choose the Optional Subjects on the Basis of Graduation.

So, If you are Interested then please apply for this examination next year.

The Notification will be declared on 04/Feb/2012 and the last date of apply for this examination : 05/March/2012.

The Preliminary examination will be held on 20/May/2012, and those who cracked preliminary examination are eligible to appear for Main examination on 05/Oct/2012.

So, Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form Online By visit the UPSC Website.

General candidates will gets 4 Attempts, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

So, please wait for the Notification and for More Information please check official website of UPSC :

http://upsc.gov.in
17th January 2012, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance exam after B.Tech ECE and while working in private telecommunication sector?

can a b.tech 4th year student apply the upsc form?
17th January 2012, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

can a b.tech 4th year student apply ips application form?
17th January 2012, 04:05 PM
kmaj

Hi,

ya you can appear for IPS exam......any graduation is enough to appear ips exam.......if you are doing job in government company means then only you should submit letter otherwise thr is no need of letter and all so easily you can apply.....

all the best
23rd January 2012, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

CAN I BECOME IPS WHILE B.TECH STUDY
24th January 2012, 12:39 PM
ashwak8

Yes , you can appear for the exam after completion of b.tech
the eligibility criteria is as follows
1. The person must had completd graduation
2. The person's age must below 30 years
3. The person must be a citizen of india
24th January 2012, 02:21 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IPS exam is an civil service exam , which is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit students for police service..

Eligibility for IPS exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Final year candidate can also apply for IPS exam.

3.Age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.Candidate must be physically fit.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have done B.tech course then you can apply for IPS exam..
So, go for it..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?