15th May 2010, 03:39 PM
sayera

Exam procedure for civil services and what are the subjects to be prepared?

what is the exam procedure for civil services and wht are the subjects to be prepared?????????

Related Questions:
  1. Courses to study in Graduation for pursuing Civil Services exam? Job opportunities after failing to achieve in Civil Services? -- [New]
  2. Which subject will help me to prepare for IAS? I have passed 12th from commerce maths stream
  3. Best subjects which i can choose in Civil Services exam after doing BCA course?
  4. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  5. Which subjects are better for Civil Services exam? Best coaching center for this exam?
  6. What should I do after completion of 12th Class in PCM from CBSE Board to become an IPS Officer?
  7. What are the subjects in Civil Services? Procedure, qualifications, reservation and the age limit?
  8. How to become an Air Port custom officer after completing B.Com?
  9. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  10. Which are the good subjects in BA to prepare for Civil Services Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to become an IPS Officer after completion of Engineering?
  12. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services recruitment exam for Political Science and Public Administration subjects being a B.Sc(IT) student of PTU?
  14. Which are the best 2 subjects in my Botany graduation to be chosen for Civil Services Exam?
  15. Which subject is most important for GATE exam in civil engineering?
  16. Which field should I select for my better career after scoring 62% in 12th?
  17. How should I become an IPS officer after passing 12th?
  18. Is this possible to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech?
16th May 2010, 02:32 PM
mike shinoda back
Senior Member++

Default Re: Exam procedure for civil services and what are the subjects to be prepared?

hi,
The Application Procedure for the Civil Services Examination is pretty simple. Electronically scannable Application Forms along with the Information Brochure can be obtained from the designated Head Post Offices / Post Offices throughout the country. The duly filled in Application Form with the acknowledgement card should be sent to - Secretary, Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, New Delhi - 110011. For more details regarding Syllabi, Examination Centres and other clauses, interested candidates are advised to check UPSC's Notification issued during December in 'Employment News' and all major newspapers.
Civil Services Examination Eligibility Criteria

Candidates having a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from any recognized University are eligible to apply for the Civil Services Examination. The age of the candidates must be above 21 years and below 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held. Candidates must be citizens of India for applying to the IAS and IPS services. For other services, candidates of select foreign origins are eligible. Reservations as per governmental norms are applicable regarding age limits and job vacancies. Candidates must also be physically and mentally fit as per the standards stipulated by the UPSC for the Civil Services Examination.

Civil Services Examination Selection Procedure

The selection procedure for the Indian Civil Services is divided into three stages:
A Preliminary Written Examination for selection of candidates for the Main Examination. The Preliminary Examination comprises two papers each of two hours duration. Paper 1 is on General Studies and carries maximum marks of 150. Questions in this section will be Objective Type, Multiple Choice and bilingual, i.e., in Hindi and English. Paper 2 carries a maximum of 300 marks and is based on an optional subject selected by the candidate.

The Main Written Examination is only for candidates who have been short listed through
the Preliminary Written Examination. This exam consists of nine papers on Indian languages (300 marks), English (300 marks), Essay (200 marks), General Studies (two papers each of 300 marks) and any two optional subjects chosen by the candidate (each having two papers of 300 marks each).Successful candidates in the Main Examination are required to appear for an Interview, which is the final stage of selection.

Candidates are recruited to various posts on the basis of their ranks obtained in the Civil Services Examination and as per their preferences for various services and posts.

all the best.
17th May 2010, 12:35 PM
danish_ejaz

Default Re: Exam procedure for civil services and what are the subjects to be prepared?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayera View Post
what is the exam procedure for civil services and wht are the subjects to be prepared?????????
Scheme of the Examination
The successive stages of examination are:

* Preliminary Examination for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination
* Main Examination (Written) for the selection of candidates for interview for a Personality Test.
* Interview (Personality Test)

List of Optional Subjects - CS (Main) - (Total 25)

See Note below List of Optional Subjects (Literature)
Agriculture Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science Mathematics
Anthropology Mechanical Engineering
Botany Medical Science
Chemistry Philosophy
Civil Engineering Physics
Commerce & Accountancy Political Science & International Relations
Economics Psychology
Electrical Engineering Public Administration
Geography Sociology
Geology Statistics
Indian History Zoology
Law

List of Optional Subjects (Literature) - CS (Main) - (Total 26)
Arabic Gujarati Manipuri Sanskrit
Assamese Hindi Nepali Sindhi
Bengali Kannada Oriya Tamil
Chinese Kashmiri Pali Telugu
English Konkani Persian Urdu
French Marathi Punjabi
German Malayalam Russian

Note : Total Optional Subjects : 51
Note (i) :

Candidates have the option to answer all the question papers, except the language papers, viz, Paper-I and Paper-II, in any one of the languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution or in English
Note (ii) :

Candidates who have opted for an Indian Language as language medium for the Main Examination have an option of being interviewed either in English or in the same language which they have opted for the Main Examination
20th May 2010, 04:55 PM
kirankshinde

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayera View Post
Dear Friend

For all the details and also some other detailed information
u can vist
http://www.indicareer.com/competitive-exams/civil-services-ias.html

Hope u shall get all the information which is required by u

Best of Luck
14th June 2010, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

I am a budding electronics engg from a top ranked govt non iit institute .what subject along with maths should i opt?
9th July 2010, 02:14 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The civil service exams are conducted by UPSC.Application forms can be availed from the Head Post Offices.The filled forms can be sent to Secretary, Union Public Service Commission,New Delhi.Aspirants should be a degree holder from any recognized University and should be above 21 years and not more than 30 years of age.Only Indian citizens are allowed to appear for IAS /IPS exam.Candidates should be medically fit.There are two exams prelims and main exam.In prelims there are two subjects Paper I- General studies –history ,geography , economics , costitution of india , science and current affairs.Paper II - Agriculture,Animal Husbandry,Vetenary science, Botany ,Chemistry,Civil engineering , Commerce,Commerce, Electricals,Geography, Geology, Indian history,Law ,Maths ,Mechanical engineering,Medical science,Philosophy,Physics,Political Science,Psychology,Public administration, Sociology,Statistics and Zoology.Question papers are available in both Hindi and English.For the main exam there are 9 papers.Paper I- language ,Paper II- english,Paper III- essay,Paper IV and V-general studies and Paper VI to IX -2 subjects from optional subjects. After clearing the exam cadidates have to appear for the interview.
15th July 2010, 02:55 PM
Shagun Makin

dear friend,

After you graduation you can chose subjects of your choice and can give exam for it.

Its conducted be UPSC and general awreness is must and you can chose subjects like physics or maths.
12th August 2010, 05:10 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

There are different kind of civil service exams conducted by the UPSC.

Now you should tell us particularly about which civil service exam you want to know.

There are IAS/IPS/IES etc and others exams that come under civil service category.

After you complete your graduation you can choose the subjects of the exam in which you are eligible to appear..

All the best!
31st August 2010, 12:50 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear friend,
first of all to give civil services examination you have to be graduate with 50% marks in aggregate from a recgonised university.the age limit is 21-30 years for general students with age relaxation for SC/ST.the exam is conducted by upsc.there are two written exams and an inerview.the first written exam is called prelims which consists of objectives questions on general studies and the optional subject choosen by you.if you clear this you have to sit for the mains exam which is of 2300 marks and consists of 9 papers.after that you will be called for the interview if you clear the mains.
All The Best!!!!
1st September 2010, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

IS APTITUDE TEST A PART OF CIVIL SERVICES
7th February 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

i am pursuing in B.Tech final year from I.T. branch. Can i choose the subject from my branche?
23rd May 2011, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

i am doing B.E(ece),,,,which sub is the right one for me??
27th March 2012, 11:23 AM
jobsee

Candidates having a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from any recognized University are eligible to apply for the Civil Services Examination. The age of the candidates must be above 21 years and below 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held. Candidates must be citizens of India for applying to the IAS and IPS services. For other services, candidates of select foreign origins are eligible. Reservations as per governmental norms are applicable regarding age limits and job vacancies. Candidates must also be physically and mentally fit as per the standards stipulated by the UPSC for the Civil Services Examination.
3rd January 2013, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

i didnt appear csat exam bt sent the application have i lost my chance
3rd January 2013, 09:08 PM
lepry

I had applied CSAT 2012 but i didnt appear csat exam had i lost my chance?
17th February 2014, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

hi sir/madam....
now am doin B.tech (IT)-3 year... i want to know how to prepare for civil service examination during my college days and then whic subiect is related for my dept...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?