23rd October 2011, 05:10 PM
rajusi

How can I enter in Merchant navy after passing BSc IT?

How can I enter in merchant navy after Bsc IT???...please tell me the procedure

30th November 2011, 08:41 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I enter in Merchant navy after passing BSc IT?

Yes you can enter into merchant navy.

To become a merchant navy officer, one needs to be atleast 10+2 or a diploma holder...but you must have scored more than 60% in PCM in 12th board...............so if you want to go for MERCHANT navy you can.........

There will be 2 year course for Diploma Holders and successful completion you will be join merchant in either of departments
  • Deck
  • Engine
  • Catering

Age limit is depends on the basic qualification based on that you want to join merchant navy..
  • A candidates should be less than 20 years of age on the commencement of the course and should have minimum 60% of marks in P.C.M. at 10+2 level
  • or 55% marks in the B. Sc. and should be below 22 years of age
  • or should have passed BE/B.Tech. from a college recognized by AICTE and is below 24 years of age.
22nd December 2011, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

I had 54% marks in P.C.M. at 10 2 level but 67% in B Sc CS . Can I apply for marchant navy?
21st May 2013, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

my merchaint navy trainning is complite now but now i've no placement .......so what i'll do about this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?