11th May 2011, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

How should I join Indian Airforce after completing engineering in IT stream?

i m doing engineering from IT stream and i want to join air force so kindly guide me

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to join Indian Airforce after completing Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I join Indian Airforce after diploma in instrumentation engineering?
  3. Whether a girl can join Indian Air Force after completing 12th? Can I join Indian Air Force Medical Institute for MBBS? -- [New]
  4. Is it possible to join in Indian Airforce after completing mechanical engineering?
  5. How should I join Aeronautical engineering in airforce? What are the requirements to join Indian Air Force?
  6. Indian Air Force job for prefinal year engineering students?
  7. How can I join Indian Army, Navy, Airforce after completing diploma or engineering in medical
  8. How to join Air Force after completing 12th computer science?
  9. How can a girl candidate join Indian air force after completing 12th from arts stream?
  10. How to join Indian Air Force? I am a NCC student
  11. Being an B.Tech(CE) student, how can I join Indian Air Force if having 6'2" height?
  12. How can I join Indian Army after completing my education? In which stream can I join and how much is the rank required?
  13. How may I join Indian Airforce after completing B.Tech(ECE)? I want to get a job in Technical branch
  14. Being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student, how can I join Indian Air Force?
  15. Can I be eligible to join Indian AirForce or Indian navy after completing degree in electronics? What is the percentage required to join IAF?
  16. How may I join Indian Air force after scoring 85% marks in class 12th from CBSE board?
  17. Can I get a job in Indian Airforce immediately after completing 12th? What is the procedure to join?
  18. What should I do to join Indian Air force after passing engineering in Civil?
14th May 2011, 09:04 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join Indian Airforce after completing engineering in IT stream?

Following are the modes of Entry to various sections of Air Force for engineering Graduates.

Flying Branch:
Combined Defence Services Examination
National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )
Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women)(only for 14 years)

Technical Branch:
Direct Entry scheme
University Entry scheme

Ground Duty Branch

The notification for all the different modes come separately.
The notification is published in Employment News and on IAF website.
Visit: http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/

The details of CDSE is published on UPSC official website.
Visit: www.upsc.gov.in
14th May 2011, 11:53 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I join Indian Airforce after completing engineering in IT stream?

A graduate student ( any graduate degree/BE/B-Tech) can join Indian Air Force flying branch by following entry modes....

1. CDSE: Combine Defence Services Examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commision) twice in a year in the month of August and February. Candidates will be recruited for Permanent Commission (PC) and only male Indian candidates are eligible to appear in the examination. Candidates who are willing to join IAF or Navy must have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2.

Examination notification would be published in Employment n/p in the month of April and September. Candidate must have age between 19 to 23 years. There is no age and height relaxation for any the caste catagory.

2. SSC: Graduate students can join IAF by appearing in Short Services Commission examination conducted by UPSC for which both male/female graduate students are eligible. Candidate must have any graduate degree with minimum 60% marks and must have passed physics and mathematics at 10+2. Age limit is 19 to 23 years. Final year/semester appearing students can also apply Advertisment in this respect would be notified on IAF official website www.careerairforce.nic.in
15th May 2011, 12:08 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

These are Air Force Technical Branch entry modes for which exclusively Engineering students are eligible. In these entry modes male candidates will be recruited as Permanent Commission and female candidates will be recruited as Short Service Commission.

1. Aeronautical Engineers: Electronics and Machanical engineer students will be recruited for which candidate must have engineering degree with minimum 60% marks in the subjects as per advertisment. Age eligibility 18 to 28 years. Final years/semester appearing students can also apply.

2. UES (University Entry Scheme): This is another entry mode for Engineering Students which PC for men only. Candidates of pre final year of engineering in the subjects as per advertisment can apply provided candidates must have minimum 60% marks on completion of degree.

Advertisment for both of these entry modes will be published on IAF official website www.careerairforce.nic.in
15th May 2011, 02:37 PM
bharanidharans

In order to join in the flying branch of Air force, one should have completed his graduation.

Here i am providing the various modes through which one can make his entry into the flying branch of Airforce.

1) Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)

Eligibility :
-Unmarried male
-Belong to age group of 19-23 years
-Should of Indian
-Should have completed his graduation from a recognized university (with Physics, Mathematics, at 10+2)
-Final year students can also apply

2)National Cadet Corps Special Entry (Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC)
As a air Wing Senior division 'C' certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to flying branch.

Remaining eligibility criteria would be the same as the above mode of entry
8th June 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

If i have done B.E(ECE). Can i join in Technical Branch? and How?
30th October 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

how should i join Indian Air Force after completing b.tech?
18th November 2011, 12:47 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Following are the modes of Entry to various sections of Air Force for engineering Graduates.

Flying Branch:
Combined Defence Services Examination
National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )
Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women)(only for 14 years)

Technical Branch:
Direct Entry scheme
University Entry scheme

Ground Duty Branch

The notification for all the different modes come separately.
The notification is published in Employment News and on IAF website.
Visit: http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_opp/

The details of CDSE is published on UPSC official website.
Visit: www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?