21st June 2011, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Minimum marks required in graduation to get into IIM A? Does experience count in GD-PI?

What are the minimum marks required in graduation to get into IIM A.
I have scored 80% in SSC, 89% in diploma in Ind. Electronics Engineering, and 70% in BE in Elect. and telecommunication. I have also done implant training in L&T and TATA for six months each.
Will this experience count in GD-PI.

21st June 2011, 07:03 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum marks required in graduation to get into IIM A? Does experience count in GD-PI?

hi dear
IIM A is very tough exam,
for selection procedure is also tough than other exam

criteria:--

their cut off is very hard.
this year 99 percentile is the cut off for others
and also in 10 th and 12th those have not above 70%
they will not allow for admission........

further clarification:--
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/
21st June 2011, 09:35 AM
kartavya99

Default Re: Minimum marks required in graduation to get into IIM A? Does experience count in GD-PI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 80% in SSC, 89% in diploma in Ind. Electronics Engineering, and 70% in BE in Elect. and telecommunication. I have also done implant training in L&T and TATA for six months each.
no experince will not be count for gd-pi. and you are eligible for cat
9th August 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

i have 50% in my graduation under Calcutta university, am i eligible for mba from iim? please reply immediately.
9th August 2011, 06:18 PM
sg1991

Minimum marks required in graduation to get admission in IIM A is 60%.
You will have to give CAT exam and score 99 percentile in that to get a call from IIM A.
In GD-PI only knowledge, presentation and communication skills is taken into account.
2nd February 2012, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

I hv securd 75% in 10th n 79% in 12th n in graduation hope to get 65%.hw is my acedmic beckgrwnd 4 cat? Cn i apply 4 it? I dnt hv any experence as i m frm b.cm .any prblm cn b creat 4 me in iim?plz sugest
2nd February 2012, 08:48 PM
prafvik

The percent you have scored will not be changed so whatever you have scored believe in

yourself and do best in CAT exam and PI

If you score more than 98 percentile in CAT and perform well in PI ( as Now a days GD is not taken)

Then there are chances to get good chances to get into IIM

May be in IIM Ahemadabad
2nd February 2012, 09:42 PM
pandeyshekhar89

Quote:
i have 50% in my graduation under Calcutta university, am i eligible for mba from iim? please reply immediately.
Dear friend,

Yes you are definitely eligible for the CAT test for taking admission in the IIM's.The IIM's have the following educational qualification.

Test Duration and Pattern

The CAT 2011 will have only two sections. The first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; the second section is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) (It may also referred to as Persons with Disability (PWD) category)]

OR

Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.

Further all details of exam pattern and how to registered you can get complete information from the http:///www.catiim.in/cat_eligibility.html

Copy the above link either Google or address bar to enter in the IIM CAT website.

All the best
2nd February 2012, 10:06 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,
For admission in Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad..You have to qualify the C.A.T exam..

C.A.T exam is conducted by I.I.M, Ahmadabad..

Eligibility for C.A.T Exam:-

> Pass graduation with minimum 50% marks in any stream from recoginised university.
> There is no restriction in number of attempts..
> There is know age limit..

GOOD LUCK!
5th March 2012, 04:54 PM
krithij23

Thumbs up Re: Minimum marks required in graduation to get into IIM A? Does experience count in GD-PI?

Quote:
Hi,
The minimum marks required to get into IIM-A is above 99.25% in Common Aptitude Test(CAT).
Your score in SSC and Diploma are pretty good but your graduation score is low.To make this disadvantage invisible,it is necessary for you to get good CAT score(>99% to get into IIM-A)and(>98% to get into other IIMs).
And your experience will count in IIM interviews.But be sure of the activities u have done during your training and also know bit about the company, if you're going to mention about this experience.

All the Best.
3rd April 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 80% in my s.s.l.c and 53% in my puc,am i eligible to get seat at iim? With low puc percentage?
8th May 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i had secured 46.5% in 12th as i was hospitalised and 58.4% in 10th(cbse) am i eligible to write cat
6th June 2012, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i have got 87% in my 10th and 71.3 % in my puc, what are the chances of me getting into IIMs? which are the probable ones? kindly reply,thank you..
4th July 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi I scored 55% in 10th, 60.5% in 12th and 79 in my graduation.. Just wanted to know if I score over 98 o 99 percentile in CAT can I expect a call from any of the IIM's..??
25th July 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

sir,
scored 84.75% in 10th , 93.4% in 12th ,but in b.e scored ly 59.6%.if i do well in cat, do i hav chance to get calls from any iims????
14th October 2012, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
I have done BA (English) with 38% in 2003 Also i have done Diploma in Automobile Engineering with 65.60 % in 2002& Btech ( Mechanical Eng.) With 55.14% in 2012 . After BA I have 10 years of MNC Automobile Experience . But can my BA is considered for PGPX IIMA or PGP ISB.
11th May 2013, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

I have 96% in both class 10th and 12th and 75% in graduation. Is it possible for me to be selected by IIMA, B or C given that I achieve the requisite cAT percentile, seeing that my graduation marks percentage is low??
16th June 2013, 12:56 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

HI

Though the minimum marks for appearing for any mba entrance exam is 50%. But more you have better is your chance of getting selected.
Student with higher marks gets more points and thus more is their chance of getting selected.

96% in 10th and 12th and 75% in graduation is good. Try scoring 99.8+ percentile to get in to IIM A,B,C

All the best
25th February 2014, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i got 94% in 10th....89% in 12th and 75% in B.Tech.....is there any chance for IIMA???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?