7th December 2015, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Whether a 12th Arts candidate can join Indian Navy?

Hi I am sabeel shaikh I am simply a General and 12th pass arts candidate and I want to join the Indian navy at any cost.

7th December 2015, 06:35 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether a 12th Arts candidate can join Indian Navy?

Either at 10+2 level or at bachelor's degree level, the essential qualification for recruitment in Indian Navy is that candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or in bachelor's degree level.

So, arts candidate can not apply for recruitment in Indian Navy. For NDA and CDS, it is clearly mentioned that aspirant must have studied Physics and Mathematics.

You are eligible for Indian Army being arts candidate.
7th December 2015, 10:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that being an arts stream in your higher secondary school degree student you are not eligible for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force as for these you need to be a Science stream student throughout your academics.

But if you are interested in joining defense services then you have the choice o Indian Army for which you will have to join National Defense Academy ( NDA ) for which you will need to clear NDA entrance examination which is organised twice every year by UPSC in two stages which comprises of Written examination and Service Selection Board Interview respectively.

For appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army you must have the qualifications given here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male resident.

* Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years.

* You must either completed your higher secondary school degree or any other equivalent degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized institute.

* You must be physically and mentally fit as per the service requirement norms.

For further details you must log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
7th December 2015, 10:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Indian Navy through NDA/NA exam at 10+2 level is:

>>Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.

So, only science stream candidates with mathematics as compulsory subject can apply for NDA/NA exam for joining Navy at 10+2 level.

Hence, 12th Arts candidate can not join Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?