23rd November 2015, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can Arts student apply for Indian Foreign Service examination? How should they prepare for the examination?

Hi sir,

I am an arts student and i wants to know whether i can apply for Indian Foreign Service examination after my graduation or not? Also guide me about the preparation for the examination?

24th November 2015, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can Arts student apply for Indian Foreign Service examination? How should they prepare for the examination?

Hi sir
I am B.com 2nd year student. I want to join IFS. And I am a women . Can I have opportunity to be a IFS officer

24th November 2015, 10:57 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can Arts student apply for Indian Foreign Service examination? How should they prepare for the examination?

Yes, you are eligible to write the Indian Foreign Service examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidates age should be minimum of 21 years and maximum of 30 years.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

* Candidate should have bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institution.

* Candidate should secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.

As you have completed your graduation Arts stream, you are eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service examination.

Here are some of the tips for the preparation of IFS exam :

* Plan your schedule properly to focus on weak topics or sections.

* Read newspapers regularly to know about the happenings in and around the world.

* It also helps to improve the fluency in English.

* Refer to the previous classes books to get grip on the basic topics.

* It is advisable to write more number of mock tests to check the time management skill.

* Follow only one or two reference books for the doubts clarification.

* Keep the separate notes for formulas to revise at last moment.

* Strict the daily schedule which automatically improves the result.

* Self assessment is necessary to know how much you know about the topics.

1st October 2017, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to know that I am student of art. And my subjects are :- English, Hindi, geography, history, political science. So can I give IFS PAPER

2nd October 2017, 04:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for recruitment in Foreign Service but not for Forest Service. To join Foreign Service you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit is 21-32 years.

The three stages of examination are : Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

So, you can appear for examination after graduation in Arts stream. For syllabus and other detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

5th April 2019, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I want to become IFS (Indian Foreign service).So should I take arts or science? Which could be easier for me to become IFS?

16th September 2019, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

In which subject I have to do bachelor I am a humanities student

4th June 2020, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Can arts student apply for the Indian forest service examination? How should they prepare for the examination?

4th June 2020, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Can arts student apply for the Indian forest service examination? How should they prepare for the examination?

8th June 2020, 01:35 AM
Supriya Das5

Yes,arts student can apply...u need to be only bachelor's degree. They should prepare with a simple reason why they want to prepare for this exam.Then first of all go through the syllabus and go though daily newspapers , current affairs, and some important books. There are various online platforms in which u can find compilation of current affairs and u can also find the entire important booklist , mind maps and many more things.

4th June 2021, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

How I prepare for this exam
I can't understand how to start
I want all type of book for the ifs exam

8th July 2021, 09:40 AM
Singhskomal

Indian foreign services ( IFS).
Graduate in any stream with recognized University
Age limit- 21 years to 30 years. Appear for IFS exam.
IFS is unlike other civil services as it deals with the country's external affairs, trade and cultural relations.
The IFS is responsible for framing the government foreign policies and management of Indian mission abroad.
Skill required:- communication skills, knowledge of current affairs, good analytical ability, decision making ability, leadership ability.
Attempts:- General- 7
Sc/st:- no limit
Obc:- 9.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?