14th March 2017, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian navy after B.Tech (EE) completion?

Sir, I'm pursuing B.Tech (EE) 3rd year student. I want to become a navy officer. How to join navy in this field navy provide job. Please give me details.and how to prepare for this exam.

15th March 2017, 06:29 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join Indian navy after B.Tech (EE) completion?

Third year engineering candidates of Electrical and Electronics engineering can apply for University Entry Scheme of Navy. To apply for this scheme, at least 60% marks upto current semester is required.

Defence aspirants are shortlisted on basis of marks and then called for Service Selection Board. If you clear SSB, you will be eligible for Indian Navy.

Other entrance exam is Combined Defence Services for joining Indian Naval Academy. Engineering candidates are eligible to apply for CDS examination for Navy. The age limit is 19-22 years.

Here there is written test followed by Service Selection Board. You can apply for CDS in final year of engineering or after completion.
15th March 2017, 08:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Electrical Engineering candidates can join Indian Navy by clearing written test and Service Selection Board of Combined Defence Services examination. CDS examination is held twice every year. It has following eligibility criteria:

>>For Indian Naval Academy, candidate must have done bachelor's degree in science or degree in engineering. The age limit for Indian Naval academy is 19-22 years.

How to prepare for this exam:

Read NCERT books of social science subjects like Political Science, History, Economics and Geography. You need to follow daily newspapers for current affairs.

Solve R.D Sharma for mathematics.
15th March 2017, 09:23 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Being B.Tech degree pursuer you are certainly eligible for becoming officer in Indian Navy after completing your degree course by qualifying CDS entrance examination to join Naval Academy.

* For appearing CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year you must have following qualifications :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) You must have completed your bachelor of engineering degree course from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same are also eligible.

iii) Your age must lie within 19 years to 22 years.

iv) You must satisfy the physical and mental fitness norms as per the service requirement.

For more detailed information you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
16th March 2017, 12:38 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Indian Navy, you are required to follow a certain eligibility criteria. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for joining Indian Navy is as follows.

>> You must have completed Graduation or Bachelor Degree in Engineering in order to be eligible.

>> As you are still pursuing third year of B.Tech, I suggest you to first complete the 4 year course and then you can join Indian Navy after B.Tech (EEE) Graduation.

>> In order to join Indian Navy after completion of Graduation, I suggest you to appear in CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination.
16th March 2017, 02:18 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Indian Navy after B.Tech EE you have to appear for CDS (Combined Defence Service) examination conducted by UPSC twice a year and for that you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> Candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized college/university.

> Candidate should have studied mathematics and physics as their subjects in 12th standard.

> Age of the candidate should be in between 19 to 22 years for Naval Academy.

> Only Indian unmarried male candidates are allowed.

Therefore, if you qualify the examination with good marks then you will have to face an interview followed by physical and medical test.
14th June 2017, 11:08 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: How to join Indian navy after B.Tech (EE) completion?

First of all you should complete your B.tech course with more than 65% of marks then go on to the Indian navy website and check it out for officer entry jobs with 65 percentage of marks in graduation you can directly be called for the SSB interview after clearing this you will become an officer in Indian navy
10th April 2020, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Can you please suggest what are the postes in INDIAN NAVY for the Engineering graduates ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?