14th December 2017, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

What to do to become a Customs Officer?

I have completed my intermediate through science stream from NIOS Board. Tell me what things I will have to do to become a customs officer?

14th December 2017, 08:26 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do to become a Customs Officer?

To join Custom Department as an officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service or SSC CGL examination.

For appearing in both the examination the required educational qualification is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit is different for both examination and relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in various stages ( written and interview ).

For detail information visit at www.ssc.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2017, 09:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an Officer in Customs Department:

In order to become an Officer in Customs Department, you are required to appear in CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test) which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

But, the basic educational qualification apply for this recruitment is Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. If you have completed just 12th Class, then you are not eligible to apply. Hence, I would suggest you to pursue Graduation in the stream in which you are more interested in order to be eligible.

You are required to choose the option "Indian Customs and Central Excise Service" while applying for the recruitment as your first preference. So that, once you clear Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personal Interview you will be allowed to join that department. Once you clear all the rounds that are mentioned above then you will be selected as a "Group A" officer in Customs Department through UPSC recruitment.
15th December 2017, 01:16 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an officer in Custom Department you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The required eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages for final recruitment.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination but along with your bachelor degree you must prepare for examination to qualify in examination.

To get information about Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2017, 07:02 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to become a Custom Officer, you need to do bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Then you have to appear and qualify in CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test) which is conducted every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
Those candidates who have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to apply for CSAT examination.
15th December 2017, 09:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Custom Officer, candidates must have to appear and qualify in the Civil Services examination UPSC.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible to apply for the examination.
So, just complete your Bachelors degree course in the relevant field and then you can apply for the examination.
12th January 2018, 11:02 PM
babytara

Post Re: What to do to become a Customs Officer?

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to become a custom officer.

To become a custom officer you have to appear in
1. Civil service aptitude test which is held by Union Public Service Commission.
2. SSC CGL exam.
Qualifications: At first you have to complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

Age limit: Candidates age should be between 20-27 years. Age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC upto 5 years.

Selection process:
I. Computer based objective exam.
1. General studies.
2. General English
3. Reasoning
4. Quantitative aptitude.

II. Mains exam- descriptive essay

III. Interview.

Attached two question papers of SSC CGL exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20JAN_S3[www.qmaths.in](2).pdf(2.69 MB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf 08FEB_S1[www.qmaths.in].pdf(2.41 MB, 8 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?