23rd July 2016, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission after scoring 53% marks in college and have 10 years work experience?

Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission after scoring 53% marks in college and have 10 years work experience? Can you please let me know the information on the same? What is the minimum marks percentage required? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed admission procedure to study Distance PhD in HR for a candidate who has 8 years of work experience?
  2. List of universities which offer PhD in Management course to MBA postgraduate who has work experience?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Commerce/Economics if completed ICAI and having 11 years of work experience?
  4. Can I apply for NET if completed MBA(Executive Education) and having 9 years of work experience?
  5. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  6. How can I get admission in IGNOU for PhD in Management having 10 years of work experience?
  7. Can I do part time PhD having 15 years of work experience after B.E.?
  8. Am I eligible to pursue PhD after completing MA (Sociology) scoring 53% marks from Mumbai University? In which college can I apply for PhD? -- [New]
  9. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  10. Ph.D after PG with 10 years of teaching experience in English language?
  11. Minimum percentage required in graduation for B.Ed? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is it possible for me to complete diploma in civil engineering while working?
  13. When M.Phil and PhD applications will be invited with stipend? Is there any work experience needed after post graduation for PhD?
  14. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics if having 28 years of Teaching experience after Post Graduation in Mathematics?
  15. How is M.C.A. qualification with 12 years experience for College/University Teaching/IT manager?
  16. List of universities offering PhD in Vocational Skill Building in Delhi for a candidate having 14 years of Social experience?
  17. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completing B.Com and MBA?
  18. Possibility to get admission to study PhD if completed B.E. about 18 years ago and having 5 years of worked experience?
24th July 2016, 11:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission after scoring 53% marks in college and have 10 years work experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission after scoring 53% marks in college and have 10 years work experience? Can you please let me know the information on the same? What is the minimum marks percentage required? Awaiting for the response.
You have completed M.A degree with 49% marks from a recognized university so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There are no age criteria.
25th July 2016, 05:14 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get Ph.D admission after scoring 53% marks in college and have 10 years work experience?

You are not eligible for admission in Ph.D because your percentage is below eligibility criteria:-

Those candidate who have completed masters degree from a recognised universities with above 55% marks are eligible for this course.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF Post.
25th July 2016, 06:24 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to pursue PhD if you have scored 53% marks in your masters degrees because as per the rules minimum percentage required in masters degree is 55% to pursue PHD.
Still you can go for Masters Degree in another field and Secure good marks Above 55% and then you can apply for PHD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?