20th April 2017, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to apply for PhD through correspondence mode directly without giving entrance exam?

I have completed M.Com from Punjab University. Can I do PhD in management through correspondence without entrance exam? Please let me know the procedure which I have to follow, hope that I will get the answer soon on this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply to study correspondence PhD in HR being a MBA postgraduate?
  2. How may I do Ph.D without giving any entrance exam? List of institutions offering such course through correspondence? Is this available online? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  4. Am I eligible to do PhD in Management through correspondence after completion of M.Com with 52 percentage marks? -- [New]
  5. Eligibility to apply for PhD in Law course in Dr. Ambedkar University for postgraduate?
  6. How can I apply for Ph.D at Chaudhary Charan Singh University? Whether the university is correspondence? Whether PhD at this university irregular or correspondence course?
  7. How can I pursue PhD after completing MA (Hindi) without giving any entrance exam?
  8. Which are the best engineering exams that I can write after completing diploma in Metallurgy?
  9. What is the procedure of doing PhD without giving entrance exam?
  10. How to pursue PhD in Economics without giving Entrance exam?
  11. Is it necessary to appear in any entrance exam for study correspondence PhD in History being a M.Phil postgraduate?
  12. How to study in B.ECivil after studying in 3rd year diploma? What is the procedure? I have scored 90%
  13. How to do Ph.D in correspondence mode?
  14. Can a person start PhD in Literature directly after MA? What is the percentage required?
  15. Am I eligible to Ph.D in regular mode after completion of masters in correspondence?
  16. How may i join correspondence course in PhD after completion of my MCA (correspondence)? List of universities for the same?
  17. List of universities which offer correspondence PhD in Mathematics? Procedure to apply?
  18. Universities offering Chemistry PhD without entrance exam in India?
23rd April 2017, 07:09 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for PhD through correspondence mode directly without giving entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed M.Com from Punjab University. Can I do PhD in management through correspondence without entrance exam? Please let me know the procedure which I have to follow, hope that I will get the answer soon on this. Thank you!

Sorry, it is not possible to do a PhD without giving entrance examination after completion of the master’s degree. The PhD program is available to study in distance mode in IGNOU. Candidates with a master’s degree in the relevant subject with at least 55% marks are eligible to apply for the PhD program. You have to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/M.Phil shall be exempted from appearing in the Entrance Examinations and candidates with at least five years of teaching experience may be exempted from appearing in the (PhD) Entrance Examination conducted by IGNOU.
23rd April 2017, 11:46 PM
Shynashaad

Default Re: Is it possible to apply for PhD through correspondence mode directly without giving entrance exam?

No, you will not get the admission without giving the national level entrance exam. Those candidates who have successfully completed his master's degree with a minimum of 55% marks are eligible to take admission and pursue the PhD course shall have to write the CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE and the candidate who appear and cleared the national level exams like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or equivalent valid fellowship may appear for interview without appearing in the departmental entrance test.
24th April 2017, 12:04 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, those candidates who are interested in pursuing PhD course should have a minimum of 55% marks in their Master's degree and should have passed the national level exam like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE and the candidate who appear and cleared the national level exams like CSIR/UGC-NET-JRF, DBT-JRF, ICMR-JRF, DST-INSPIRE or equivalent valid fellowship may appear for interview without appearing in the departmental entrance test. Those candidates who are in final year are also eligible to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?