21st July 2016, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do masters in civil engineering after completion of BE in IT?

I have completed my B.E(Bachelors) in I.T . But I feel more inclined towards the Civil field. So is it possible for me to do M.E(Masters) in Civil Engineering now? Please help me out for the same.? Can you please guide me with your suggestions?

Thank u

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do masters in Civil engineering abroad after completion of B.E in Civil?
  2. Am I eligible to do masters in mechatronics after completion of electronics and communications engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to do masters degree after completion of engineering?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA course?
  5. Am I eligible to do masters in automobile after completion of B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to do masters in Urban Planning after completion of B.Tech Computer Science engineering?
  7. Can I do masters in automobile or any other branch after completion of Bachelors in Computer Engineering?
  8. Is it possible for me to do masters in abroad after completion of B.Tech Civil Engineering?
  9. Which country is best to do masters in Civil engineering?
  10. What is the future scope in Civil Engineering? Best universities providing masters degree in civil engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I go for MS in Computer Science in USA after completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Com?
  13. Am I eligible to do masters in interior designing after completing B.Tech in civil engineering
  14. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of masters in Physiotherapy?
  15. Am I eligible for doing internship after completion of B.E Civil Engineering course?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for Masters of Social Work course after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible to do masters in heritage management after completion of engineering? What is the scope of future job prospects?
  18. Am I eligible to continue architectural engineering course after completion of diploma in civil engineering?

21st July 2016, 06:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do masters in civil engineering after completion of BE in IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.E(Bachelors) in I.T . But I feel more inclined towards the Civil field. So is it possible for me to do M.E(Masters) in Civil Engineering now? Please help me out for the same.? Can you please guide me with your suggestions?

Thank u
You have completed B.E in IT, So you are not eligible for M.E in Civil Engineering.

Those candidates who have completed B.E in Civil Engineering from a recognized University are eligible for M.E in Civil Engineering.

But you must have a valid GATE score.

21st July 2016, 11:20 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do masters in civil engineering after completion of BE in IT?

ME or Masters of Engineering is offered by colleges through an entrance examination called GATE. You have to fight GATE for the same.

The syllabus and the paper of GATE is different according to the branch of the candidates.

If you have more inclination towards civil engineering and you want to make career in that only then you must fight GATE in the civil branch and give the paper of the civil engineering.

If you get through the GATE then you will be allotted a college and the branch of your choice and you can successfully pursue your interest.

22nd July 2016, 03:13 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for Masters in Civil Engineering after completion of your BE in IT as there is no such provision for it.

You will have to appear for GATE examination and only after clearing the examination, you will be eligible to get admission in the above mentioned course from a recognized college.

22nd July 2016, 12:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to do Masters in Civil Engineering after completion of Bachelor's degree course in Information Technology. Only candidates who have completed B.E/ B.Tech course in Civil Engineering stream from a recognised university are eligible to pursue Masters in Civil Engineering course. Being a B.E IT holder, you are not eligible to pursue Masters in Civil Engineering course. So, I suggest you to pursue your Master's degree course in IT/ CSE stream of your interest.

23rd August 2016, 10:50 PM
HERE2HELP
Member+

No, you are not eligible to do masters in civil engineering. this is a complete different field from IT. if you had your graduation in Civil Engineering then you could appear. But then also you have to appear for GATE and qualify.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?