2nd August 2015, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility required for doing MCA/M.Tech courses?

Dear Sir,

I am Himanshu from Rajasthan. I have completed my BSc IT from PTU from distance and i have completed 12th classs with Biology. I want to know that m i eligible for MCA(regular). Somebody say that i should do M.tech , is it possible that i can do M.tech directly after my Bachelor Degree. I also want to know that which is better for me do to MCA Or MSc. IT Or M.tech(if possible). I request you please clear my doubt as soon as possible

Related Questions:
  1. How to become a radiologist? What are the courses required?
  2. List of ITI and Polytechnic courses for girls in Delhi? What is the eligibility for the courses?
  3. Eligibility criteria to join ISRO and NASA? What are the courses required?
  4. List of ITI and Polytechnic courses for girl in Delhi? Eligibility criteria of the courses?
  5. Which courses can I join after graduation? Eligibility criteria and percentage of marks required?
  6. Required Eligibility criteria to join M.Techs in Nanotechnology? Which are the best PG courses for the candidates from B.Tech in CS stream?
  7. How to get job in Infosys? Courses and eligibility required?
  8. How many exams can we answer after passing 12th standard?
  9. Information about PUSA entrance exam? What is the date of issue of forms?
  10. IAS Eligibility Requirements For B.Com (Commerce) Students? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to do B.Ed simultaneously while doing B.A English?
  12. B.Ed after 42% in BA and 60% marks in MA?
  13. How to do CS and LLB while studying B.Com final year
  14. Which courses should I learn from my good job? Eligibility for top MNC's and percentage required?
  15. How to join merchant navy as an electrical engineer? What is the fee structure for correspondence course?
  16. List of some Biology courses that can be done after completing 12th std? How may I do such courses? Is preparation required for the same?
  17. What are the courses required in core side jobs for B.Tech ECE students? Best institutes for these courses? Which are the exams required?
  18. Can I do Biotechnology after the completion of 12th with Science and without having Mathematics?
2nd August 2015, 02:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility required for doing MCA/M.Tech courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

I am Himanshu from Rajasthan. I have completed my BSc IT from PTU from distance and i have completed 12th classs with Biology. I want to know that m i eligible for MCA(regular). Somebody say that i should do M.tech , is it possible that i can do M.tech directly after my Bachelor Degree. I also want to know that which is better for me do to MCA Or MSc. IT Or M.tech(if possible). I request you please clear my doubt as soon as possible
You have completed B.Sc in IT from PTU so you are not eligible for M.Tech degree. But you can apply for MCA or M.Sc in IT.

Those candidates who have completed BCA or B.Sc in IT/CS or B.Sc in Mathematics and Statistic from a recognized university are eligible for MCA and M.Sc in IT course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
2nd August 2015, 08:44 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For MCA most of the universities ask for candidates who have studied maths in 10 2 plus degree course in any field. There are some colleges which ask for degree with 60% with maths as subject.

For M.Tech you need B.Tech qualification from a recognized institute. Admission in M.Tech is based on the entrance exam such as GATE. Hence, you can't do M.Tech after B.Sc IT. You have to complete MCA to become eligible for M.Tech through GATE.
2nd August 2015, 09:09 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,

You are not eligible to apply for M. Tech after completing B.Sc in IT. Those candidates who have completed their B.Tech or B.E in relevant specialization to be eligible to apply for M. Tech. Being a B.Sc in IT student, you are eligible to apply for M.Sc in IT or MCA.

MCA and M.Sc in IT course, having good scope in both the Government and Private sectors as well. But most MNCs give first preference to the MCA graduates Instead of M.Sc in IT graduates. This is because the MCA course, having depth knowledge of software applications. While considering a good career, MCA course will be better than M.Sc. computer science.
2nd August 2015, 11:36 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for MCA course :

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university. Candidate must have studied mathematics in 12th standard.

There is no upper age limit. Minimum age is 17 years.

Eligibility for M.Tech :

Candidate must have passed graduation in engineering.

You are not eligible for any of the above course. But you can apply for M.Sc. IT after pursuing B.Sc IT.

There is no upper age limit to pursue M.Tech. Minimum age is 17 years.
3rd August 2015, 02:30 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As you are a B.Sc graduate, you cannot apply for M.Tech degree as the minimum educational qualification in order to pursue M.Tech course is that you should have a B.Tech degree.

However, as you have done B.Sc it would be very good for you if you pursue M.Sc course in future as it would prove to be good for you. Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for M.Sc. Kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility Criteria:

> There is no upper age limit mentioned till now to pursue this course, students can pursue it just after their graduation of after a while.

> Minimum educational qualification to pursue M.Sc course is graduation from a recognized University.

> Aspirants should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their graduation.
9th August 2015, 08:08 AM
Junior Member+

Hi friend i will tell you about the situation in Andra Pradesh
--> To get the qualification for MCA
you have to be the graduate student
you have to secure minimum 65%
You have to be relevant to the subject of Science or computer science only
you have to attempt the exam ICET
After the exam you have to face the counsellings
--> Acording to all over india and relevent state
If you want to do in your state you have to crack your state exam
If you want to do in another state you have to crack the GATE exam
If you want to get into the private institutions you have to crack their entrance exam

In this way you can choose your way
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?