12th February 2018, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get education loan for pursuing Ph.D?

I have completed my Mtech and working as software engineer. Now am willing to pursue PhD. Will I get education loan for pursuing PHD.? If so what is the process of getting an educational loan.? What are the documents needed to be submitted for getting the loan.? I have a salary account and a normal saving's account. Please help me in this regard.It is bit urgent.

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get education loan for pursuing PhD? Process and documents required?
  2. Can I get extension in ICICI Education Loan for doing PhD in India having done MAster's from UK?
  3. Can I get extension in Bank of Baroda Education Loan for PhD program if pursuing MS(Nautical Science) in USA?
  4. Can I get elongation in UBI Education Loan for doing PhD being M.Pharmacy student in Australia?
  5. Can I get extension in SBI Education Loan for doing PhD if pursuing Master of Physiotherapy in Australia?
  6. Am I eligible to get education loan for studying in BITS Pilani?
  7. Am I eligible to get Education Loan for pursuing B.Sc Agriculture?
  8. What amount I will get in IDBI Education Loan to study PhD in Abroad? Interest rates schemes of IDBI Education Loan?
  9. Eligibility to get an Education Loan for studying BSc(Dialysis Technology) course?
  10. Eligibility to apply in UCO Bank Education Loan Scheme for MBA course?
  11. Whether a candidate is eligible to get amount against accidental purpose in education loan granted by SBI?
  12. Detailed information about Education Loan Consolidation for PGDM aspirant?
  13. Detailed information about Education Loan Consolidation for PGDM aspirant?
  14. Can I get Bank Education Loan to study Master of Physiotherapy?
  15. Does IDBI Bank offers an Education Loan of Rs. 30 Lacs to study Abroad? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  16. Chances to get an education loan without guarantor or co-applicant from an authorized banks? How much amount I can get?
  17. How much it cost to do PhD from UK and USA? How to apply for an education loan at government banks?
  18. Can I get Bank Education Loan to study PhD(Economics) in Europe?
17th February 2018, 01:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get education loan for pursuing Ph.D?

There are number of banks in India which are providing education loans to students at lowest interest rates. There are so many government policies by which you may take loan in less interest and the good thing is that they are easy to get. And as you said that you want persue PHd then there is no problem you may give your loan application in the bank they will contact you and then after you need to submit required document to the bank.

These are the banks:

Punjab National Bank

State Bank of India

HDFC Bank

ICICI Bank
17th February 2018, 03:51 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for education loan in any Bank nearby your home. You should have valid documents in order to apply for educational loan. You have to write an application to the bank manager and you have to mention the each detail for educational loan and how much you want to apply for because minimum is 50000 and maximum 75 lacs.
You can also contact the bank personally regarding all the details related to educational loans and its interest and other formalities.
17th February 2018, 04:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to get education loan for pursuing Ph D:-

The student should be an Indian national with good academic record and has been secured admission to a recognised University/ college. All loans require a co- applicant who has to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria to apply for an education loan. V
The age, annual income, work experience in the current organisation and total work experience, education qualification and profession of the co-applicant are all considered by banks to decide on a amount for an educational loan.

Documents from Student:-

Completely filled application form with photographs.

Letter of admission from the institute

Cost break up of the program from the institution

Starting the tuition fees- term wise, year wise and other expenses.

Students entire academic record in the form of mark sheets starting from class 10th to the last qualifying exam cleared.

Address Proof:-

Passport, Driving Licence, c
Ration Card, Voter's ID card, Bank Statement

ID Proof:-

Photo PAN Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Voter's ID card.

Signature Proof:-

Bank Signature Verification, Photo PAN Card, Passport, Driving Licence, Votor's ID Card.

Age Proof:-

Birth Certificate or 10th Class Passing Certificate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?