8th February 2011, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

After going through all postings ..i cant stop my self to post my opinion. I have joined CTS 4 Months back (5 Yrs Exp) ..
Difference I Observed .
1)No bench so you will get assignment as soon as you released from any project =>Good for Career growth
2)Environment is very Friendly ,When ever you need you will get help from surroundings .
3)There is mandatory learning that you have to achieve and there is quality/Experienced trainer you will get for each technology
4)Performance is above all , If you are performing and there is dependency every one is going to salute you , No politics at all (I have had 3 previous companies exp. :-) )
5)On sight opportunity is there based on dependency of project/Performance on you ,No other way to get it.
6) You will have a lot of fun around so many activities ,Other than your work ,if you have time you can enjoy gaming and all College kind activities .

Now as per difference is there with TCS or other CTS has a difference (My Many friends are in TCS) ..If you wish you can lead a Govt job kind of life with no growth .(Can lv u in Jeopardy in Recession) .But in CTS you will have to be a performer less or more based on your requirement .
but in CTS you will have to be a performer and

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
10th February 2011, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

whts tcs package for bca freshers????????????
12th February 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hiiiiiiiii
I am fresher 2010 batch.I got selected in cts through edista.edista ll give training for testing tools.den v hve to work in cts.der in no bond in cts.is my job secure or not.After joining cts ll they conduct any tests.plz tell me the procedure of cts after joining the company.plz suggest me.plz rply to my mail id [email protected]
Hi ,
There will be three module tests conducted (with 3 attempts) after your training period.Only after clearing that you will be joined in cts. Even after those three modules there are three tests to be taken by you in cts campus during one year (P and Q test, Dovetail 1 , Dovetail2).
But clearing the module tests is very important
12th February 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I am working in CTS for the pat four years and it is more of extension of my college life. Its full of freedom, if you are a good performer. The work environment is the besst. Work timings is flexible and as per my knowldege there were very few shift based projects. You will get decent package and some times incentives might surprise you. You will be given lot of responsibility and best to learn quickly.
15th February 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

can anyone tell me about hcl technologies???
17th February 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

hi dude,
bothn are the best mnc's
so if u really want to develop u r skills just u need a platform that is either tcs or COGNIZANT
both r best..
good luck..
19th February 2011, 07:19 AM
nmsixsigma

Smile Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

CTS is much worse than TCS in terms of human values and integrity. CTS only pays good initially - but you may not be able to hold on to your job as long as in TCS. I know both companies very well. In stock parlance, if you are a short term investor, go for CTS. If you are a long term investor, go for TCS. I shall explain why shortly.

Let us talk of merit and politics. There are cases where CTS does not send you onsite even if you merit it and ask for it. HR in CTS is more unscrupulous with liars who are abound in CTS even at project managerial levels. CTS advertises ¨Ät CTS, careers grow¨ then modified it to ¨At CTS, careers grow as company grows¨. What they don´t mention is - it grows for some at otherś expense. Dirty politics is very much there in CTS - which managers exhibit in performance appraisals and use it to screw their own employees citing quota of grades to be allotted. If you are not their favorites, you are unlucky & merit goes out for a toss. In a few instances, if you ask for promotion in CTS after getting good client feedback in assignments, the managers screw you in appraisals and say wait for six months...you will get promotion. The senior manager gets promoted to Director and when you remind him about what he said about promotion, he cooly lies and denies whatever he said. Of course, there is no promotion for you and you get eased out through HR for some unworthy spineless person.

The politics and ego in CTS is much bigger and dirty politics is very much there in CTS. If you want a quick growth career, you may get it, but be prepared to loose your human values and sanity in CTS - the environment in CTS has degraded to this. I have seen senior and junior CTS employees stick to their egos dogmatically because they propounded it and was accepted for a long time. When someone, even at senior level gets convinced of an obvious flaw and points it out to the authors, they sit quiet on it and later respond that changing will upset the applecart status. Improvement is there only when there is a willingness to change for the better among people - this is very much missing in CTS.

This is as far as the way employees are treated. But at least you would believe that CTS, as a company, has integrity and values - you are mistaken!!!. Behind the professionalism, is hidden a veil of lies perpetrated by senior management in CTS for branding and getting credit before time.

I will quote a couple of instances. When Coimbatore center of CTS was acclaimed as assesed at CMMI level 5 in v1.2, insiders know that it was achieved by CTS managers lying to itś external assessor and fabricating non-existent information to showcase its maturity. Even the center head knew about the lack of maturity and was apprehensive about it and was enquiring with juniors whether it was feasible. Fortunately, with conniving friendly assessors, motivating brand ambassadors and some nightouts by enthusiastic managers - CMMI level 5 v1.2 was proclaimed as achieved at Coimbatore and approved internationally. It was like an incompetent class of students set a target to pass the exam and mass copying achieving success - talk about integrity of CTS???. Mind you, the doubting center head got ¨double promotion¨ to Vice-President.

In Computer Society of India(CSI), CTS published a white paper about process excellence using six sigma at Coimbatore center which is touted as a six sigma center for CTS. Many tools published were conceived brilliantly, but never practiced at the center. Even for the tools implemented, the awareness and institutionalisation were limited to a despicably low fraction of handful minority - it is like a minority government propped up and claiming that they are the voice of the people. All these lies for CTS branding !!!.Talk about values of CTS that needs to be propped up by lies???. Some senior managers never understood usefulness & openly asked why they were implementing useless tools and wasting their time. The center head just shrugs and mentions you have to convince them!!!. He was not even aware that six sigma starts with top management committment & support and probably never understood championship training in six sigma. Mind you, he was not a naive person. Any doubts about senior management apathy in CTS?

Does CTS have a brand image value truly? No.
Do CTS senior management as people have values and integrity? No.
Do not be under the mistaken notion that in CTS is worthier than TCS.

Where is the question of comparing CTS with other organisations which have better values and better people?But to tell you frankly, some of these naive successful people in Cognizant were originally from TCS!!!.
21st February 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

I dont mind whether the company is best or worst but the thing that matters is our experience with the company comes out as words.
Please never mind in which company you are but be sure in what you are doing..........................All the best guys

leave the confusion....Take a decision

Thanks and regards
22nd February 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

CTS is best guys check that it is a fastest growing company.. nd growing company always helpful for our future ..

tcs is hire n fire... iteration rate is also high .. check it nd then take step
22nd February 2011, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

project of MCA student by TCS
22nd February 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

who said TCS is better than CTS.'m an employee of TCS, and do you know the politics that goes on here. in short if u wish to toil and learn learn and learn go to TCS.If u wanna enjoy your life having fun inspite of the work pressure, without doubt step into CTS.
23rd February 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

cts is excellet
24th February 2011, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

Answering this question is like answering "If the egg came first or the hen?". On one hand, you have the brand called "TATA" and on the other you have one of the most promising companies in today's era. It is true that TCS is ranked as India's top most IT solution provider but do not overlook the fact that it was established in 1968 whereas cognizant in 1995. Although being 27 yrs junior, it has still managed to raise a potentially strong argument regarding its position against TCS. However, it's the employee that makes a company and not the other way round. So toss a coin, my friend, listen to your heart and make the company you join better than the other to put an end to this eternal debate.
TCS provides better training - Eg: It'll teach you how to eat chapatis using a knife and a fork (dont laugh, it's true) for 45 days Higher work pressure in CTS - Eg: In these 45 days, Cognizant might teach you a couple of more technical topics or might a test or two.
25th February 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Essar steel or TATA steel, which is better to work for?
25th February 2011, 08:06 PM
ankitjaiswal

which company: TCS or Societe Generale Global Solution Centre is better to join as a fresher(i've to do mba after 2years)
25th February 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

as a TCS employee, i feel in tcs there is no job security. In recession period, they sacked so many employees. But cts is not like that. Its better for freshers/experienced employees to choose cts than tcs.
1st March 2011, 10:58 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
CTS is better than TCS for his high growth in a short span of time,Employee benifits,employee security, increase Revenue earning in all part...
2nd March 2011, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I JUST GOT JOB IN COGNIZANT, WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED IS THAT NO POLITICS WILL BE THERE IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
ITS VERY PLAIN IN TERMS OF RECRUITMENT. I HAVE SEEN SOME ONE WITH RECOMMENDATION,WAITED TILL EVENING BUT SHE WAS NOT SELECTED. I DONT HAVE ANY REFERENCE BUT I GOT SELECTED. NOW PROUD TO BE A COGNIZANT EMPLOYEE. I AM RAVIKANTH,GACHIBOWLI,HYDERABAD. TCS I DONT KNOW MUCH BUT WE SHOULD BE GOOD THEN COMPANIES WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD WITH US. ALL COMPANIES ARE GOOD............
2nd March 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi everyone,
my name is sandeep from SNIST.Recently there were campus placements in our college.And i was selected in CTS,INFOSYS & WIPRO.
Now i am in a dialema. Can any of you suggest something, like which one will be good for me as me being a fresher and why ???
Go for CTS, Wipro is behind CTS and now CTS will overtake Infy, work culture, salary and growth are also good in CTS
2nd March 2011, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subho19 View Post
Dear friend,
TCS and CTS both are good in software industry,but TCS has a good reputation in market and also salary level is higher than CTS,where as CTS is a average class company,many common students can get a chance in CTS,and has a job secutity is more than TCS
Who said CTS is average class company !!! have you have heard latest news about it ? it has performed very well in this last quarter of 2010 and giving 189% variable pay to its employees along with promotion and salary hikes. Do u think an average class company can do thsi !! check your stats bro ... CTS is way ahead of TCS in present scenario
4th March 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

I think both company is equally poor salary wise. I work with Cognizant. U can learn a lot in Cognizant as a fresher than in TCS. The client that Cognizant serve are mostly US based and very knowledgeable. So work pressure is high . If u work in Cognizant and move out, U have a unique value. Infrastructure wise Cognizant is the world of all IT companies and Cognizant is poor in salary matters too.
4th March 2011, 03:05 PM
rajilakshman

Quote:
hello rahul k

my opinion was same before recession period.
But previous year TCS sacked 500 people in recession period,how can we say that they provide better job security?
whereas Cognizant did not sacked a single employee during that period thats the information I have.
Please provide information to clear my Doubts.
yes.f course u r right
4th March 2011, 09:53 PM
Arvi.S

Hello,
I think in terms of salary almost both the company u mentioned gives the same
starting salary,but in terms of future growth i think infosys is the best as
it has really good trainning program and you are independently responsible
for your project which will provide you good experience and consiquently good
future growth.
6th March 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

the company which u r placed in is the best.......
7th March 2011, 09:10 AM
Unregistered

Which company is better? TCS or HCL?
8th March 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hi.can any body please tell me whether i sud join cognizent or wipro....................
i hv placed in both compny as freshers
Go for Cognizant!!!
9th March 2011, 01:25 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

Both Cognizant OR TCS companise are better, But TCS is more better than Cognizant.

Both Cognizant OR TCS companise are paid high salaries to employees and other facilities also.

Best Of Luck
14th March 2011, 07:01 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Which company is better? TCS or HCL?
hello friend...

TCS is better than HCL for sure as of for FRESHERS because it is the right place to start where you get good training and good job security, good pay and a good career growth when compared to HCL.. so go for TCS..

All the Best for your future...
15th March 2011, 11:20 AM

hi friend...............
tcs is better than cts ..........in tcs
1.company brand name
2.good traning programe
3.company atmosphere
4.publicly listed company after infy,wipro,satyam
5.good quality of computrs
6.growth
7.human values
good luck..........................
17th March 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

dont think abt company first you can prove u r self in any one then choose than this two,
20th March 2011, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi I was Cognizant employee previously and now i have joined TCS...is it better to continue in TCS or go back to Cognizant as, there are many cuttings in the package given by TCS. The basic is less compared to CTS. HRA by CTS is 60% for tax exemption and the admin maintainence is very good compared to TCS (really 1000 times better than TCS). Taking these factors can any one suggest whether to be with CTS or TCS?
5th April 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

dear friend.i really appreciate ur reply..indeed it was the most foolish one i ever read in recet times..thanks to god for making such a foolish stuf like u.hope u nvr again give any of ur smart remark.thank u
regardss
abhi..
6th April 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Cognizant is better in all the ways. Two of friends, one in TCS and one in CTS having same experience, CTS friend is earning almost 1.5 lac more.

1. Good package.
2. Healthy work environment
3. Opportunity to learn more
7th April 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

what is the present package in cts?
10th April 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

CTS is the best..!!
14th April 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
CTS is the best..!!
Cognizant is better than TCS in some of the ways,
1. 25% of people are always onsite out of 100% whereas in TCS and Infy too this ratio is only 9~10%, CTS you always get a domain whereas in TCS its nothin like that you can be a Oracle Apps guy but its very much possible that you are working in Excel macros as its totally role and demand based.
2. Pay wise yes to an extent you get 20 odd thousands more while joining in TCS but what's the point next year when you get appraisal and you are not in the good books of your manager/lead, your salary takes a dip and a dip means your CTC is revised to a lower package revising your entire salary. CTS there is a chance you dont get a hike if you dont fall into the appraisal cycle but certainly your salary doesnt take a dip.
3. Work wise again its luck, you can slog both in TCS and CTS too, rotation in onsite is totally on your account
15th April 2011, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Cognizant is best for a fresher, but no important work, but full of work pressure @ times, everything is support or testing projects
15th April 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Plzz Suggest which company to choose between infyy and cts..??which of them has more onsite oppurtunity??i intend to mba den which company shud i opt for??
15th April 2011, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

please show me,the comparison of salery
17th April 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

is it so dat cts provides call letter very late...i hv been placed in cts during march n when do i expect my call letter?
18th April 2011, 09:02 PM
bharanidharans

Dear Friend,
Though you are a fresher you will be in a confused state. Being a fresher you should concentrate on TCS rather CTS. Because the project exposer in TCS is quite higher than that of CTS. You can find the incremental credits more too.
Its better choose TCS to grow up faster in the corporate world.
19th April 2011, 02:05 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
what is the present package in cts?

INFORMATION ABOUT CTS

Some of the information about Cognizant Technology Systems which help you to proceed further with the job are as follows....

-> Fresher Package - 3.05 - 3.2 Lpa

-> Technology - Java/JS/J2EE/Struts/Servlet, MS.Net/C#/VB/XML/VC++/Ajax,
Oracle Apps, Software Testing, Business Analyst.

-> Incremental/Appraisal - OK but not great.

-> Working Hours - Fixed

-> Employees - 55,400 + Globally

-> Bond - No
22nd April 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I actually do not know.. I wk in CTS.. I think TCS is better.. One thing I can tell u is the pay is less in CTS.. But you have a secured job alright..
23rd April 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Both TCS and CTS are good.
Yes CTS has more work pressure but it has a good job security
The pay hikes are not that really great but the work culture is good.

coming to hike/promotion/appreciation... It all depends on the project and next level management.
I believe in "People leave organizations because of their immediate managers/leaders but not due to Organization itself"
26th April 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

CTS is better.
27th April 2011, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Is hike given by TCS for 2011-12 a better deal to employee
29th April 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

cts is best in my point of view as am be working there .
30th April 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

.dont compare these two organizations. they have their flavours in a different manner. and more over your are in s/w industry man....dont compare....when u will feel that switchinga com[any would definately give you much more benefits, you will hardly think og these damn comparisons....
30th April 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Good package in TCS.... ha ha definitely not possible in TCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
dear friend

Both these companies are good. But i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary package as well as they will provide you job security.

So, please choose those, who provide you better facility. So according to me TCS is
much better than Cognizant.
1st May 2011, 12:49 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

tcs is better than cts ..........in tcs
1.company brand name
2.good traning programe
3.company atmosphere
4.publicly listed company after infy,wipro,satyam
5.good quality of computrs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?