15th April 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I study for IAS after passing 12th?

can i study for ias after 12th?...Could u please send to me the details

29th April 2013, 07:26 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I study for IAS after passing 12th?

IAS officer you need to complete your studies i.e.complete 12th,then complete Graduation from a recognized university.
Minimum qualification required to appear for IAS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.
It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

Eligibility criteria in Details:
Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.
If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

30th April 2013, 10:38 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form of IAS is the Indian Administrative Services. The IAS Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

Yes you can study for the IAS Exam after passing 12th as its your choice and decision that from when you start the preparation for this exam.

As most of the candidates start the preparation right after passing the 12th as this examination is one of the toughest examinations and need ample preparation from the candidates to crack this exam.

However , you cannot apply for the IAS Exam after passing the 12th because the minimum educational qualification required for the IAS Exam is graduation in any stream from any recognized college/university.

The Age Limit for this exam is 21-30 years considering that the candidate belongs to General category.

Age Relaxations are provided to OBC Candidates of 3 years and SC/ST Candidates of 5 years.

The Selection Procedure of IAS Exam is :

* Preliminary Exam

* MAINS Exam

* Personal Interview

The UPSC Follows the below mentioned pattern to conduct the IAS Exam :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.

5th August 2013, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

For IAS only 3 years i have to study or what and can i study at shillong
7th November 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

the exam for ias and ips is same
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?