11th December 2009, 02:02 PM
Ritesh Maudekar

Detailed eligibility criteria for IES examination?

Sir,
Send me the detailed eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Services exam

23rd December 2009, 04:21 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed eligibility criteria for IES examination?

you should be an graduate in engineering,even final year students can apply,you should have no backlogs and produce the certificate while time of interview
23rd December 2009, 01:46 PM
anuja
Senior Member+

Post Re: Detailed eligibility criteria for IES examination?

Age must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years and for SC, St government servant is 5 years, for obc is 3 years and for physically challenged is 10 years.
The applicant must be citizen of india.
About education:- he should have degree in engineering, final year students too can apply for it, the candidates have to be physically fit as per guidlines by upsc.
3rd January 2010, 06:14 AM
sharma

dear friend...
the clear details about the indian engineering service exam is given in the below link....

www.threeauthors.com/upsc-exams/model-notification-indian-engineering-service-upsc-exam.asp

thanks..........
6th January 2010, 12:48 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

the first important criteria is that you should be a graduate, minimum age is 21 years.there is relaxation in age for sc,st and obc also.
the final year students should have no backlogs.and should produce a certificate signed by the head of the college
6th January 2010, 03:10 AM
ryan
Senior Member+

cost of form is rs 20 and can be obtained from post offices.

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st January, 2009, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1979 and not later than 1st January, 1988.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows:–
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

for further queries:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/ies2009/ies.htm#PageTop
26th January 2010, 09:55 PM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Age Limit: Candidate should be in age group 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination.

Educational Qualifications:

Candidate should be engineering graduate. However, candidates studying in last semester of engineering can also appear in entrance test but they are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree

Written Exam: there will be 5 papers in written test of 200 marks each.
30th January 2010, 03:00 AM
sumitkumarinmit

engineering students are eligible to apply in last semester also or passed out can also apply age should be at least 21 years on the year of appearing
objective types conducted in paper 1&2 if you qualify this papers then only subjective papers 1&2 will be checked and general ability has been added previous year only so total of 5 papers are conducted
30th January 2010, 03:05 AM
sumitkumarinmit

engineering students are eligible to apply in last semester also or passed out can also apply age should be at least 21 years on the year of appearing
objective types conducted in paper 1&2 if you qualify this papers then only subjective papers 1&2 will be checked and general ability has been added previous year only so total of 5 papers are conducted
6th February 2010, 09:44 PM
Senior Member+++

minimum eligibility criteria for ies examination is that you should be a graduate with 21yr of age
15th February 2010, 07:00 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

the students must passed or in final year of b.teck or B.E,the minimum age should not be less than 21.you should not have any backlog at the time of reult.
20th February 2010, 05:01 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

you should have btech or be degree from any recognize university..
you should have no backlogs and produce the certificate while time of interview...
age limit is in between 21 to 30....
good luck....
20th February 2010, 08:38 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

hey friend,
for the IES examination the students must passed in b.tech or b.e from any college,
and age should be between 21 year to 30 year.
final year students are also eligible for this.
ok
best of luck
22nd February 2010, 09:19 AM
satyavani
Senior Member++

you should be an graduate in the subject in which you are applying for ,there is no minimum percentage cutoff,
your age should between 21 and 30
you should be citizen of India

there are some relaxation in age depending upon the job and cast which you can find in the employment news dated 30 january 2010,notification number 05/2010-engg
all the best
14th March 2010, 05:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

my dear friends, Candidate should be in age group 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination..............and the Candidate should be engineering graduate....
15th March 2010, 03:28 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
for eligibility criteria and more visit
www.onestopias.com/indian-engineering-service/plan-of-examination/
all the best
21st March 2010, 01:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend, the eligiblity creteria to join IES are as follows-

Age limits: 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/Sts, OBCs.......

Educational Qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only...........Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage..........
22nd March 2010, 10:34 AM
Manjeet124

For the IES examination you should be an graduate in engineering.......
22nd March 2010, 12:47 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
for this you must have a graduation as a minimum qualification,
you can see the details on the websites
www.threeauthors.com/upsc-exams/model-notification-indian-engineering-service-upsc-exam.asp
o k
all the best
22nd March 2010, 12:49 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
you have to pass your graduate with first division
and there should not be any backlog in the exam
age limit is in between 21 to 30....
good luck....
22nd March 2010, 11:36 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria:

Age Limit: Candidate should be in age group 21-30 years on the first day of august of the year of examination.

Educational Qualifications:

Candidate should be engineering graduate. However, candidates studying in last semester of engineering can also appear in entrance test but they are required to produce the proof of passing engineering degree.
For some selected posts of engineering services, candidates who are holding MSc degree in wireless communications, electronics, radio physics & radio engineering.
31st March 2010, 03:54 PM
rajeshingarhwa

dear friend,
if you are below thirty years and above twenty one years and have alredy done graduation then you are eligible for IES .you can log into the website http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/ies2009/ies
for further information.
best of luck.
20th May 2010, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY REQUIREMENT OF TWELTH PERCENTAGE IN PHY,CHE,MATHS THAT IT SHOULD BE MINIMUM 60 PERCENT OR OTHER TELL ME
21st May 2010, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

i am a btech in mining engineering can i apply for ies?
29th May 2010, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

I am aaaan Information Technology sudent. Am I eligible for IES exam
31st May 2010, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

sir i am kapil and i am in first year in trade ece. sir iwant to prepare for ies with my study so please send me the complete syllabusfor it
and howmany rounds are there and all details about them i shall be very thankful to you
my emailid is [email protected]
6th June 2010, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I, Aparna sahu student of automobile stream.kindly tell me whether i am eligible for IES.If yes,then under which stream .My Email id is
[email protected]
7th June 2010, 04:20 AM
sanket mathur

Eligibility Conditions for IES/ISS Exam --

(I) Nationality

A candidate must be either :—

A citizen of India, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(II) Age Limits:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st January, 2009, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 1979 and not later than 1st January, 1988.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable as follows:–
Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:
Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January, 2009 and have been released
On completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st January, 2009) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
On account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
On invalidment.
Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st January, 2009 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issue a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
Note I-Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of para 3(II) (b) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen, persons domiciled in the State of J & K, Physically disabled etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.

Note II-The term ex-servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ex-servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.

Note III-The age concession under para 3 (ii) (b) (v) and (vi) will not be admissible to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs who are released on own request.

Note IV- Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3 (II) (b) (vii) above, a physically disabled candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/posts to be allocated to the physically disabled candidates by the Government.

Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

These certificate are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the return part of the examination.

No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

Note 1: Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.

Note 2: Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed sub- sequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any grounds whatsoever.

Note 3: The candidate should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the commission under the Rules.
13th June 2010, 12:56 PM
rohit khare jhansi

sir i want to pre[are for ies. i m a 4th yr student. what is min percentage criteria ?
if der is any back then allowable or not
14th June 2010, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the process of IES examination?
15th June 2010, 05:37 AM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

The eligibility is only a engg. Pass out from 4 departments:
1. Ete
2. Civil
3. Electrical
4. mechanical
you can give the exam till 28 years of age.
22nd June 2010, 02:33 AM
Unregistered

sir,
presently i am working at ISRO and myage is 30years and i want to appear for IES.IS there any age relaxation for ISRO(dept. of space ,govt of INDIA)
employees.Kindly inform me to below address
[email protected]
Regards
ashwani
29th June 2010, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Is the B.Planning branch eligible for ies examination????
30th June 2010, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

sir
I am students of B.Planning,can I give ies examination. B.Planning branch is eligible or not for ies examination?.
1st July 2010, 02:28 PM
mathursaab

You can get the detailed eligibility criteria for IES examination on this link........
http://www.iwinacademy.com/competitive/upsc/ies/eligibility.aspx
6th July 2010, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of b. planning may i elligible for ies examination ? any info. regarding to this quiry are egerly awaited.
b. planning is actually commen to civil in too much syllabus basis and it also comes under technological course.
19th July 2010, 09:54 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of b. planning may i elligible for ies examination ? any info. regarding to this quiry are egerly awaited.
b. planning is actually commen to civil in too much syllabus basis and it also comes under technological course.
Dear friend
You are eligible for the examination. As there are a good no. of subsidiary engineering branches but there is provision of choosing optional subject in IES only one from CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING.
So the branch which is very much relevant to one's subject can be opted by him/her.
Therefore, you can choose civil engineering as your optional subject.
For detailed syllabus of optional and compulsory subjects please
visit: http://www.upscguide.com/UPSC/UPSC_exam/IES/IES_subjects.htm
Thank YOu
26th July 2010, 12:32 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
the detail are as follow
(I) Nationality: A candidate must be either:

A citizen of India, or

A subject of Nepal, or

A subject of Bhutan, or

A Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.

(II) Indian Engineering Service Examination 2010 Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, 2010 i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989.

(b) The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.

(i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation.

(ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st August, 2010.
26th July 2010, 09:38 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh Maudekar View Post
Sir,
Send me the detailed eligibility criteria for Indian Engineering Services exam
Hi!

The details of eligibility condition for IES exam is as follows:-

Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.

Age Limits:

A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year.

For more details visit the UPSC official website www.upsc.gov.in/
28th July 2010, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.E. Computer science,can I give ies examination.
3rd August 2010, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 56% in inter & in my B.tech E.C.E graduation 60% is i am eliglible to write ies please tell me
5th August 2010, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

I,Deepika student of computer science.please tell me whether i am eligible for ies exam or not. if yes, then in which stream.please tell me ,i'll be very thankful to you.My email id is : [email protected]
6th August 2010, 04:59 AM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

Eligibility Criteria
Age limits: 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination. (Upper age limit relax able for SCs/Sts, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).
Educational Qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete. Candidates qualifying on the result of the written part of the Examina tion will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite examination along with their detailed application form to be filled up at that stage.

good luck
10th August 2010, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Btech IT engineering is eligible for ies exam?
11th August 2010, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

hi....... i'm piyush bajpai(electronics&communication.(|\/) year student,)
plz send me percentage criteria of IES exam,& best books of this exam(syllabi present in one).
thanks...
id=>[email protected]
13th August 2010, 04:42 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

there is only one criteria that u must be an engineering graduate from an AICTE approved university.

all d best.
13th August 2010, 06:57 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Detailed Eligibility as follows:

(I) Nationality:

A candidate must be either:

(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued by the Government of India.

(II) Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year

(b) The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.

(i) A candidate who holds substantively a permanent post in the particular Department/Office concerned. This relaxation will not be admissible to a probationer appointed against a permanent post in the Department/Office during the period of his probation.

(ii) A candidate who has been continuously in a temporary service on a regular basis in the particular Department/Office for at least 3 years on the 1st August, of current year.

(c) The upper age-limit prescribed above will be further relaxable—

(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe;

(ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

(iii) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

(iv) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof;

(v) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August, ) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment;

(vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.

(vii) Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.

N.B.—The candidature of a person who is admitted to the examination under the age concession mentioned in Para 3(II)(b) above shall be cancelled if, after submitting his application he resigns from service or his services are terminated by his department/office either before or after taking the examination. He will, however, continue to be eligible if he is retrenched from the Service or post after submitting his application. A candidate who after submitting his application to the department is transferred to other department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession provided his application has been forwarded by his parent department.

SAVE AS PROVIDED ABOVE THE AGE LIMITS PRESCRIBED CAN IN NO CASE BE RELAXED.

The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to matriculation or in an extract from a Register of matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted along with the detailed applications which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of the written part of the examination.

No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted.

The expression Matriculation/Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.

NOTE 1:- CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT ONLY THE DATE OF BIRTH AS RECORDED IN THE MATRICULATION/SECONDARY EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE OR AN EQUIVALENT CERTIFICATE ON THE DATE OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE COMMISSION AND NO SUBSEQUENT REQUEST FOR ITS CHANGE WILL BE CONSIDERED OR GRANTED.

NOTE 2:- CANDIDATES SHOULD ALSO NOTE THAT ONCE A DATE OF BIRTH HAS BEEN CLAIMED BY THE THEM AND ENTERED IN THE RECORDS OF THE COMMISSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF ADMISSION TO AN EXAMINATION, NO CHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED SUBSEQUENTLY (OR AT ANY OTHER EXAMINATION OF THE COMMISSION) ON ANY GROUNDS WHATSOEVER.

NOTE 3. CANDIDATES SHOULD EXERCISE DUE CARE WHILE ENTERING THEIR DATE OF BIRTH IN COLUMN 8 OF THE APPLICATION FORM. IF ON VERIFICATION AT ANY SUBSEQUENT STAGE, ANY VARIATION IS FOUND IN THEIR DATE OF BIRTH FROM THE ONE ENTERED IN THEIR MATRICULATION OR EQUIVALENT EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE, DISCIPLINARY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AGAINST THEM BY THE COMMISSION UNDER THE RULES.

(III) Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have—

(a) obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

(b) passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or

(c) obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

(d) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

(e) passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

(f) passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.

NOTE-1—A candidate who has appeared at an examination the passing of which would render him educationally qualified for this examination, but has not been informed of the result, may apply for admission to the examination. A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their admission would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination alongwith the detailed applications which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of written part of the examination.

NOTE-2—In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate, who has not any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he has passed examinations conducted by other institutions the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.

NOTE-3—A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who has taken a degree from a foreign University which is not recognised by Government, may also apply to the Commission and may be admitted to the examination at the discretion of the Commission.

(iv) Physical standards

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Engineering Services Examination, as per guidelines given in the rules for the Engineering Services Examination

Good Luck!
14th August 2010, 06:10 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Detailed eligibility criteria for IES examination?

dear friend

to be eligible for IES u have to be a engineering graduate.

for detailed information u should log on to WWW. IES.IN

all the best.
14th August 2010, 08:33 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

the criteria for IES examination is given below

graduation in engineering with 60% marks in graduation.

age limit 21-29.

all the best............
14th August 2010, 09:34 PM
bholag

Dear Friend,
Eligibility criteria for IES examination is that your age must be
in between 21 - 30 years and
you can sit for the exam only when you have completed or in final year of engineering.
The exam is conducted by UPSC.
So for more details visit the below mentioned link:
www.upsc.gov.in
So dear you have to work hard and score well in the exam and
All The Best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?