24th February 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for Civil Services exam? How to prepare for the exam?

how i can give ips exam?

24th February 2011, 11:12 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Default Re: How to apply for Civil Services exam? How to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how i can give ips exam?
you should visit on UPSE website .you will get all the the information on that .
Best of luck
25th February 2011, 08:31 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

(1) Plan of Examination

Normally notifications are invited in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages.

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

2. Minimum Educational Qualification:

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate.
3. Age Limit:

Minimum Age: 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

Maximum Age: 30 for OC, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

4. Number of attempts:

General Candidates 4

OBC 7

SC/ST No Limit
if you want to select in civil service you can be reading hardly and read the new papers ,GK books and 5 year old examination papers
25th February 2011, 01:01 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
For IPS exam, you will have to appear for civil service exam conducted by UPSC.
To give the test, you must be a graduate and between the age limit of 21-30 years. Fi you belong to SC/ST category, you will be eligible upto the age of 35 years and if you belong to OBC, your maximum eligible age is 33 years.
The civil service exam has three stages
Preliminary exam
Main exam
Interview
The preliminary exam has been replaced by civil service aptitude test from the year 2011. The aptitude test is designed to check the candidates intelligence, reasoning sence, arguementative capacity, aesthatic sense, analytical ability and command over a language.
The main exam for the IAS comprises of compulsary and optional subjects.
The compulsary subjects for the Main exam are one Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.
Following are the optional subject for the IAS main exam:
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology Electrical Engineering Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.
Depending upon your interest and expertise, you may choose optional subjects.

You have to clear all the three stages along with a physical test to make it to the IPS.

You may apply online as well as offline. The offline application form is available in the designated post offices and head post offices.
To apply online, visit www.upsconline.nic.in

For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
25th February 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

How i can enter in civil services after 10 2
27th February 2011, 06:57 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

********UPSC IAS EXAM 2011********

· Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
· Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
Date of Notification: 19.02.2011
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 21.03.2011
Date of Exam: 12.06.2011

For complete details

http://www.upsc.gov.in

For Preparation:
Be very particular about the subject you choose for prelims, as you will be appearing for an objective type of paper. History, maths, geography may prove to be very scoring. Choose subjects which have availability of books, reading material and guidance. In recent years engineering subjects like civil and electrical can be chosen, giving BEs and IITians an edge (yes! even here they are giving the BAs and BScs a tough fight!)
Increase your GK knowledge as much as you can.Reading news papers, watching TV news and of course shows like Quiz shows like KBC etc.
GOOD LUCK.......
14th September 2011, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

how much cost for complete cpse exam
28th November 2011, 09:33 AM
litunu

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

(1) Plan of Examination

Normally notifications are invited in leading News Papers during December every year.

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate.
3. Age Limit:

28th November 2011, 05:09 PM
litunu

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate.3. Age Limit:
Maximum Age: 30 for OC, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.
4. Number of attempts:
General Candidates 4
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?