14th August 2016, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change my subject in IAS examination after B.Tech?

Sir I'm B.Tech first year student if I want to change my subjects after completion of my BTech for preparing for IAS examination is it possible?

14th August 2016, 07:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change my subject in IAS examination after B.Tech?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. You can select any subject as your optional subject for Mains examination of Civil Services. It is possible after Bachelor of Technology.

*There is no condition set by UPSC that engineering graduates must take graduation subjects as optional. There are over 51 optional subjects including literature and non literature subjects, you can select any one of them as an optional subject.

*Minimum age limit for this exam is 21 years.

Official website for more details: http://upsc.gov.in/general/civil.htm.
14th August 2016, 10:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change my subject in IAS examination after B.Tech?

The examination for Indian Administrative Services is Civil Services. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year for selection of candidates into different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc.

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

>>Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for Civil Services examination. So, you can apply for Civil Services examination in final year of bachelor of technology.

>>The minimum age limit to apply for this examination is 21 years and the upper age limit for general category candidate is 32 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

There are three stages of this exam. First stage is written test followed by mains exam and interview. Yes, why not, you can choose any subject for your optional subject. There is no restriction on that. It totally lies in your hand to select either technical or non technical paper for examination.
15th August 2016, 11:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I'm B.Tech first year student if I want to change my subjects after completion of my BTech for preparing for IAS examination is it possible?
There are no restriction to choose engineering subjects for Engineering student. You can choose any subject which are listed on optional subject for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?