13th August 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required in B.Tech for GATE?

what is required percentage in b tech for gate ?...please tell me what is the percentage

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in germany? What is the percentage required?
  2. How to take admission in DU? What is the percentage required in 12th
  3. Can I get GATE Stipend if secured 57.2% in B.Tech?
  4. Minimum percentage required in btech to do MS in US? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility to appear in GATE for B.Tech 5th semester student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  6. Will I be eligible for GATe after passing MSc IT? How much percentage is required for GATE in MSC IT?
  7. Is it possible to appear for GATE exam after correspondence in BCA? Required percentage in 10th, 12th, BCA for GATE entrance?
  8. How much percentage is needed in B.Tech to attend GATE?
  9. Minimum marks required in GATE? What is the percentage required in B.Tech?
  10. Minimum marks required for GATE? What is the percentage required in B.Tech
  11. Can I get a seat in IIT after scoring 52% in B.Tech?
  12. How may an M.Tech candidate gets Job in Navratna companies? I've secure low percentage in B.Tech and could not appear in PSU
  13. Is it right to do MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech? Benefits and preparations required for cracking GATE exam?
  14. Minimum B.Tech percentage required for SC/ST candidates to apply for GATE?
  15. Can't I get any other scholarship if getting GATE Stipend? Cutoff percentage required in GATE for study M.Tech with scholarship? -- [New]
  16. Minimum Percentage required in B.Tech to appear for GATE Exam?
  17. Selection procedure and examination date of NTPC recruitment exam?
  18. Minimum percentage required and number of backlogs allowed in B.Tech to apply for GRE?
14th August 2012, 11:09 PM
DASHARD

Default Re: What is the percentage required in B.Tech for GATE?

see the minimum percentage required in B.tech for GATE exam is 50% for open category.

for SC/ST candidates the minimum percentage needed 45%.

through the GATE exam you can get admission in M.tech courses.
you can even go for a PSU job.

good luck
14th August 2012, 11:11 PM
DASHARD

see the minimum percentage required in B.tech for GATE exam is 50% for open category.

good luck
25th August 2012, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

i m 4th year studend nd havin a supply .am i able to give gate test??
25th August 2012, 05:47 AM
suvendum14

Dear Admin, wrong information have been given by DASHARD,
Actually no minimum percentage required to enroll a candidate for gate exam...only he/she shoud be in 4th year of BE/BTECH or he/she may be passout student...Thats all.
thank you..
25th August 2012, 05:58 AM
suvendum14

THE ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE EXAM:-

(a) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology or its equivalent.

(b) Bachelor’s degree holders in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Electronics/ followed by qualifications obtained through an examination conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

(c) Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture/Design (for M Des program only)

(d) Master’s degree holders in Physics with Electronics/Instrumentation (for M Tech programs).

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.

There are no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

GATE score is valid for TWO years.

NOTE:-

3rd year student are NOT eligible for This year GATE exam.

Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2012 GATE exam.

25th August 2012, 10:11 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE in short is a entrance exam conducted jointly by the IISc and the seven IITs on the behalf of National Coordination Board - GATE for Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).

The GATE entrance exam is for enrolling in the M.Tech course which is post graduation course after completing Engineering. Candidates who are looking to apply for the job in Public Sector Undertaking are also recommended to appear in the GATE exam.

As far as eligibility for the GATE entrance exam is concerned. All you need is B.Tech/M.Sc/MCA degree to appear in the GATE entrance exam. There is no percentage requirement. If you have completed B.Tech course or you are in final year, this is enough to appear in the GATE entrance exam.

Please remember that GATE score is only valid for 2 years, so unless you are preparing to take the test again, I would suggest to get the admission within the timeframe. The B.Tech percentage comes into picture when you apply for admission in the university. For example if you apply for admission in IIT, then it does not matter how well you have done in GATE, still you need at least 60 percent marks in the graduation course.

Even after that candidates are required to appear in written test, group discussion and Interview before they will be enrolled in the IIT.

Exam Pattern

There are total of 65 questions of 100 marks in the GATE entrance exam. Around 30 percent marks are based on questions related to Engineering mathematics and general aptitude.

The remaining 70 percent marks are on questions related to your Engineering subjects.

Negative marking

There is no negative marking on the Numerical answer type questions, therefore do attempt such questions. The negative marking is one 1 and 2 marks questions. On 1 mark question 1/3 marks will be deducted while 2/3 would be deducted for 2 mark question.
25th August 2012, 01:24 PM
jayks

Hello friend..

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination

-it is conducted every year for taking admission in M.TECH.

- you can apply in final year.

- GATE score only valid for 1 year.

- There is no limit in how many years to complete engineering.

- there is no cut off in percentage to apply for the gate exam

- there is no age limit for applying for gate exam .

- though gate exam you get admission in IIT AND NIT COLLEGES AND SEVERAL OTHER COLLEGES .

- to take admission in IIT OR NIT COLLEGES you need to score above 99 percentile .

- to clear gate exam you should have good knowledge of your subjects .

ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE :
-B.E./B.Tech/B.Arch: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years
after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post-Diploma)
-M.Sc/M.A./MCA: Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics /
Statistics/Computer applications or equivalent

-General/OBC-NC (male candidates) Rs 1200/-; SC/ST/PD (male candidates) Rs 600/-
Female candidates are exempted for application fee

GATE 2013 Important Dates

ADVANTAGES OF GATE

ALL THE BEST...
25th August 2012, 01:33 PM
manjira...

Smile Re: What is the percentage required in B.Tech for GATE?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and IITs together.

The examination is the entrance examination for the candidates who want to pursue M.Tech and also for jobs in PSU. The rank of GATE is valid for 2 years only.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidates who have completed B.Tech/M.Sc/MCA can apply for the GATE examination. There is no minimum percentage for application.
But the percentage is taken into account when you are applying for admission into any university.
For IIT you need to get 60% marks in B.Tech even you have a good rank in GATE.
25th August 2012, 05:04 PM
VIKY P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is required percentage in b tech for gate ?...please tell me what is the percentage
The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE 2012:

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
25th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The minimum percentage required in B.tech for GATE exam is 50% for General category.

and for SC/ST candidates the minimum percentage needed is 45%.

The GATE Entrance exam is meant for those students as under-

1. You can get admission in M.tech courses.

2. You can even go for a PSU job.

3. You can get a scholarship too.

4. It is beneficial for future job too as u may add this in resume.
25th August 2012, 06:51 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

Hi dear....

->To give the GATE exam you can passed your degree with 60% .This is for general students.

->SC/ST candidates required minimum 50 % .

->Through GATE you can get admission in M.Tech .
All the best...
25th August 2012, 08:40 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:

Nice to see you interest in the field of the higher degree course. GATE is an entrance examination which is conducted by the management of IISC and IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course which is equivalent to the post graduate level degree. This examination is conducted once in every year.

As per your question i want to inform you that to appear in the GATE examination there is no limit of percentage required only pass the B.Tech course is enough to appear in the GATE entrance examination. For details eligibility criteria and other information about GATE exam please visit this website :~ http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013
25th August 2012, 10:42 PM
soumadeep7

Quote:

26th August 2012, 12:38 AM
MOUSE92

dear,

gate stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering

--exam is conducted by iit

--those who clear can get admission in iit's colleges

--on the basis of gate score card you can get job in ntpc,sail,bhel,bsnl

--you can apply after be/b.tech

the question papers consist of 100 marks
minimum 62 marks are required to get admission in good iit's colleges

good luck
26th August 2012, 12:59 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for GATE Exam:

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Degree in Engineering stream with at least 55% from recognized Universities.

Final year students may also Applicable.

Generally the percentage require for General category And OBC Category student is 55%.

And for SC/ST it 50%.
24th September 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required in B.sc for GATE?
31st December 2012, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

hey i have scored 55% in one of my engineering sem but my aggregate now is 65%.so if i get good marks in gate exam can i take admission in iit and will that 55% of marks that i have scored will it affect me please reply i'm waiting... Thank you
11th February 2013, 07:07 PM
velachery

how much percentile or marks in GATE is required for applying various PSU lik BHEL , NTPC.....?????
11th February 2013, 11:00 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and IITs together.

The examination is the entrance examination for the candidates who want to pursue M.Tech and also for jobs in PSU. The rank of GATE is valid for 2 years only.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidates who have completed B.Tech/M.Sc/MCA can apply for the GATE examination. There is no minimum percentage for application.
But the percentage is taken into account when you are applying for admission into any university.
11th February 2013, 11:02 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: What is the percentage required in B.Tech for GATE?

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

12th February 2013, 09:57 AM
Beawar

Dear..

GATE exam stands for Graduate aptitude test in Engineering. It is a tough exam conducted once in a year by IIT. This exam is conducted for admission in the M.tech Program of the IIT's and NIT's. Gate score are valid for one year only. Many Public sector Unit in India also demand a good GATE score in their recruitment process so that is why it is an important exam. There is no age limit to sit for the exam. There is no stream also and candidate from any branch of engineering can go for the GATE exam.

Minimum percentage required :- There is no such minimum percentage required for the exam. You can even apply if you are just passed the exam.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
12th February 2013, 04:27 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What is the percentage required in B.Tech for GATE?

Quote:
Hi

As you must be knowing that GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This test is one of the best Post graduation exams once can give. Its basically for the M.Tech course admissions and also for the Public Sector Companies recruitment's. Since they provide huge starting salaries, they attract huge applicants for this exam.

According to your query I would say that THERE IS NO MINIMUM PERCENTAGE REQUIREMENT FOR THE GATE. You just have to be a minimum GRADUATE in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharmacy stream from a recognized college or university. Or you can be a final year appearing candidate as well but not a pre final year one.

Note that you should be a complete pass and that should not have any pending backlogs or arrears in your B.Tech or any subject of the stream in which you have done your graduation.

There are several streams in B.Tech who can apply for it namely Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science Engineering, IT, etc and many more. So you can apply with any stream and you would be given that respective question paper only. Talking of the patter of the paper, its a 3 hours exam.

It consists of 65 questions in 3 marking scheme categories. 25 questions of 1 mark which is a total of 25 marks. 30 questions of 2 marks each so it sums up to 60 marks and the total of 85 marks for both the sections. The last section is Quantitative Aptitude which has 10 questions. 5 of 1 mark and other 5 of 2 marks each. So the total maximum marks is 100.

Its better if you take up some coaching as they would be able to guide you best for the GATE Exam. Since there are no age nor attempt limits for this exam, you can try it every year for the better performance.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
12th February 2013, 08:17 PM
helper1

hello friend,

GATE entrance exam which has been conducted by the IITS institute for the M.Tech course from good institute like :

NIT, Kurukshetra
Kurukshetra university
NIT, Bhopal
PUne university
DElhi university
IP university etc

Eligibility for GATE entrance exam :

1. you should be passed the bachelor degree in engineering with atleast 55% marks from any recognized university.
2. age must be below the 30 years.
3. Indian citizen

GATE entrance exam has been held in month of Feb.

for more details : http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/

thank you!
12th February 2013, 10:23 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is conducted by IISc and IITs for admission into Post Graduation courses in IITs and IISc.

If you are a B.Tech. Graduate or in Final Year then you will be eligible for GATE.

GATE will help you in getting scholarship while studying Post Graduation from a AICTE approved college.

GATE qualifiers are also eligible for Junior Research Fellowship and jobs in PSUs like BHEL , SAIL, NTPC etc.

So be prepared for GATE if you want to study further in your respective field.

The question paper will be according to your field of study or stream of Engineering.

For more information pleased download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE-2013-Brochure.pdf(2.47 MB, 156 views)
13th February 2013, 02:55 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech.(Master of Technology) courses in iITs, NITs and other reputed Institutions in India.

There is no percentage of marks criteria in B.Tech. for application to GATE.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for final B.Tech Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University. There is also no upper age limit for appearing GATE.
13th February 2013, 08:18 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

There is no percentage of marks criteria required in B.Tech. for GATE.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. Courses in IITs etc.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Engineering Degree exam or pass from a recognised University. There no age limit for application to GATE.
13th February 2013, 08:29 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

percentage required in B.tech for GATE exam is 50% for open category.

good luck
14th February 2013, 01:42 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

No minimum percentage of marks is required to apply for the GATE exams.
GATE exams are conducted by IIT

Below is the eligibilty:
BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year BE/BTECH student can also apply

M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

Next GATE exams would be conducted in January 2014
14th February 2013, 05:15 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "GATE" stands for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.

The GATE Exam is conducted for the admission of candidates in M.Tech course who have finished their B.Tech.

As per your query , i would like to inform you that there is no any specific percentage of marks that you must have in B.Tech to be eligible to appear in the GATE Exam.

If you have completed B.Tech in any stream from any recognized college/university and have no active pending backlogs then you can appear in the GATE Examination.

The GATE Exam application forms re released for sale every year in the month of september.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th February 2013, 06:09 PM
Jamsheed pm

Lightbulb Re: What is the percentage required in B.Tech for GATE?

Quote:

As per the GATE application form, to appear for GATE, you need to have at least Pass
Mark in any of the following degrees:
Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture/Pharmacy
Master's degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications
or equivalent
21st February 2013, 05:58 PM
Beawar

Dear..

GATE is a entrance exam organized in India by Indian Institute of technology as well as by National institute of technology

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude test for Engineers and it is a exam which is very very tough to clear. Every year lac of Engineers sit for this exam and take the exam but only a few of them managed to clear the exam.

Qualification :-

1. All the engineers are eligible for the exam
2. Final year student are also eligible
3. Students from any stream of Engineering are eligible
4. No percentage criteria.
5. No age limit
6. Relaxation is given in admission not at the time of exam

So dear 4th point clear says that students with any percentage can apply so stop worrying about the percentage and start a thorough preparation of the exam as the exam is very very tough and the success rate is also very low.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
21st February 2013, 11:55 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
The minimum percentage criteria for the b.tech candidates in appearing in the GATE exam is 55% marks in the b.tech. for the students belonging to the b.sc field, the percentage criteria is 60%.
A relaxation of 5% is provided in both the cases to the candidates velonging to the sc/st category.
There is no upper age limit for giving the GATE exam and the score card of GATe is also valid for two years.
Gud luck
22nd February 2013, 04:33 PM
royal@m

Hi,

There is no any specific percentage of marks that you must have in B.Tech to be eligible to appear in the GATE Exam, If you have completed B.Tech in any stream from any recognized college/university and have no active pending backlogs then you can appear in the GATE Examination.
28th February 2013, 12:04 PM
narendra B.

Quote:
GATE is a entrance exam organized in India by Indian Institute of technology as well as by National institute of technology

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude test for Engineers and it is a exam which is very very tough to clear. Every year lac of Engineers sit for this exam and take the exam but only a few of them managed to clear the exam.

Qualification :-

1. All the engineers are eligible for the exam
2. Final year student are also eligible
3. Students from any stream of Engineering are eligible
4. No percentage criteria.
5. No age limit
6. Relaxation is given in admission not at the time of exam

So dear 4th point clear says that students with any percentage can apply so stop worrying about the percentage and start a thorough preparation of the exam as the exam is very very tough and the success rate is also very low.
4th May 2013, 01:03 PM
banacareer

hi,

Any final year student can apply for the GATE exam.
Please read the following :

1 Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

2 Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

3 Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

4 Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

5 Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

thanks
27th June 2013, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

please tell me one thing i have 59% marks in b.tech if suppose i cracked gate exam..then can i get the prestigious collg like iit nit bits ..i mean koi percentage ka matter tho nahi padhega please tell me???
1st April 2014, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Mah % in btech 51% and clear gate . I m not eligible to take admission in iit and nit. Psu also consider % also.
WHAT CAN I DO.......
6th June 2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir I belongs to open category and my btech aggregate is below 60 percent,can I get admission in any of IIT or NIT if I get good rank in GATE?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?