7th June 2017, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

What is the required age criteria for joining UKG?

Dear Sir/Mam, My Daughter born on 28.3.2013 and now she is put on U.K.G. Is her age Will be correct when she appear for SSLC Standard? Can someone give me the criteria which is followed for the same? Does it varies for different boards?

8th June 2017, 01:20 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the required age criteria for joining UKG?

The age criteria required to get admission in UKG is 4 years 6 months as on 31st March of the year of admission. The minimum age criteria required to appear in SSLC examination is 15 years as on 31st March of the year of admission. The age criteria required to take admission in UKG also varies from board to board.
8th June 2017, 02:17 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age above 3 years is considered appropriate for admission in UKG at any school affliated to an education board. Age limit is decided by the government of India and is same for every school.
8th June 2017, 03:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

As per the minimum qualification required to get admission in any School of any board candidate must have minimum age of 3 and half years at the time of admission in UKG.
So, aspirant is only eligible to take admission in UKG if she or he has completed minimum age of 3 and half years.
8th June 2017, 07:31 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes it varies on the basis of school as well as board. But according to my information the minimum age limit for admission in UKG is 4-4.5 years. As per information which you have mentioned your child is eligible for admission. But it also depends on the mind and intelligence of the child that he or she is eligible to get admission in that particular class or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?