14th August 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

What steps to be taken to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Sir,i completed my b.tech in mechanical engineering i wanted to join merchant navy sir help me with the steps that are to be taken next to join in merchant navy

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Merchant Navy directly after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Can a Mechanical Engineering B.Tech student apply for Merchant Navy? Will the course suit the Mechanical Engineers?
  3. Procedure to join Merchant Navy for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) student?
  4. Required Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy after completion of Graduation in Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Can I join Merchant Navy after doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  6. How to make entry into Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? List of top colleges to join this course?
  7. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  8. What is the procedure followed to join B.E Mechanical after completion of Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  9. Should I join merchant navy as my career after completion of my B.Tech? I have completed my B.Tech in mechanical with 66.63% marks
  10. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Common application form for non upsc entries? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to join merchant navy after completing B.Tech in mechanical engineering?
  13. How can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering? Information regarding the Entrance Exam for this?
  14. Can I join merchant navy after completing mechanical engineering in automobile specialization
  15. Do I need to any other course to join Merchant Navy after completing Mechanical engineering?
  16. How to join Merchant Navy after diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of Mechanical Engineering? Will I get paid in the Training process?
  18. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th?
14th August 2011, 02:44 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Default Re: What steps to be taken to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

Well being a Mechanical Engineer opportunity is there for you in Merchant Navy.

You can join Merchant Navy in 'Engine Department' but for that you have complete at least 10 months or 12 months of Pre - Sea training in Marine Engineering. For engineers who are not from Marine engineering but from Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics and Communication Pre-Sea training are also offered by recruiting company itself. However, if not you can complete your training from some good and DGS (Directorate General of Shipping). Since, the course is costly therefore some recruiting shipping companies offer that course to recruiting candidates itself.

after completion of training you will be absorbed or recruited by any shipping company and will be able to join Engine Department of ships, cruise, sea vessels as a Fifth Engineer or Fourth Engineer or Trainee Engineer.

Salary may be anything between 20,000 - 40,000 for above posts.

Also one negative factor is that you wont be able to reach the the highest designation of engineer department 'Chief Engineer' because that post holder must be a Marine Engineering degree holder.

NOTE: Pre - Sea Training for Mechanical engineers is also known as 'Graduate Mechanical Engineers course' thats because apart from sea training training in MArine Engineering is also provided. So don't be confused.

Followings are some of Best Institutes which provide 1 year Graduate Mechanical Engineering (GME) training.

SBvignesh Marine Training Centre
# 37, 3rd Floor,
East Madha Church Street,
Royapuram, Chennai - 600 013
Tamil Nadu, India. Tele: 91-44-5970590
FAX: 91-44-5970590
Mobile: 98400-28828

Vels University
C/O School of Maritime Studies
Velan Nagar, P.V.Vaithiyalingam Road,
Pallavaram, Chennai - 600117, India
Tel : Direct 91- 44 22662515
Tel : EPABX 91 -44 22662512, 22662514
Fax : 91 - 44 22662516
Mobile: 91- 98400 48011

Cochin Shipyard Limited
(A Government of India Enterprise)

Perumanoor PO ,Cochin-682015
TEL: 91-484-2380181/2361181/2371211/ 2380450
FAX: 91-484-2370897/ 2383902
EMAIL: [email protected]

Garden Reach Ship Builders & Engineers Ltd, Kolkata.
http://www.grse.nic.in/
4th February 2012, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What steps to be taken to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?

right now m doing mechanical engg . i am in 6th sem ..n i want to join merchant navy aftr my degree . so what is the scope of that ? which is the highst rank i can attain and in how much time ?
8th August 2012, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

sir, i completed my B.E.(mech), i gave an interview in JCB, but doesn't get the call from them. so, what i do? should i wait for there reply or not.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?