22nd August 2016, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear for NET during II year of P.G?

Hi, I am a student of II year of my P.G. I want to appear for NET exam this year. I want to know whether I can appear for NET exam during my II year of P.G or not? I hope to get positive reply from your side.

23rd August 2016, 10:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for NET during II year of P.G?

If you have got above 55% marks in PG till now then surely you will be eligible for NET. You need to get a reference letter from head of college to confirm your eligibility for the exam.

For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks. Hence, final year PG candidates can apply but their candidature will be provisional until they fulfill the eligibility criteria.
23rd August 2016, 11:36 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I happy to tell you that you can appear in the NET examination at present being in the second year of Post Graduation.
Candidates those who have completed their Post Graduation from a recognised University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to appear in the NET examination. Final year candidates can also apply for the examination.
24th August 2016, 12:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am a student of II year of my P.G. I want to appear for NET exam this year. I want to know whether I can appear for NET exam during my II year of P.G or not? I hope to get positive reply from your side.
Yes, you can appear for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
24th August 2016, 06:44 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, you are eligible for NET examination while studying the final year of the Post Graduation also. The candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree examinations may also apply for this test. However you will have to clear the post graduation with 55% marks to be eligible for the Junior Research Fellow/Assistant Professor. Such candidates must complete their PG degree within two years from the date of NET result, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified. The details can be found in the NET -CBSE website, the link is Click Here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?