HSTES B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission Process
Haryana State Technical Education Society (HSTES) allows diploma / B.Sc holders to join to second year of engineering/technology. This is made possible through a lateral entry entrance test. Basic Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, etc forms the syllabus for the entrance test. Admissions are done on the basis of entrance test score and availability of seats in the selected branch of engineering.
Eligibility Criteria for HSTES B.Tech Lateral Entry Admission
Diploma holders in engineering/technology are eligible for B.Tech lateral entry admissions. This qualification must be obtained with at least 45% marks. Reserved category candidates need to have a minimum of 40% marks only. Diploma must be completed from the Haryana State Board of Technical Education or its equivalent. B.Sc passed candidates is also eligible to apply, provided they must have passed XII class with mathematics as a subject. General category candidates need to have a minimum of 45% marks where as reserved category candidates need to hold 40% marks (in degree). These students must pass subjects like Engineering Graphics, Engineering Drawing, and Engineering Mechanics (included under the syllabus of 1st year engineering) along with second year subjects.
Admission Process for HSTES B.Tech Lateral Entry
HSTES carry out lateral entry admissions to B.Tech on the basis of an objective model entrance test. Admissions are done on the basis of entrance test score and availability of seats in the selected branch of engineering. There will be 90 questions for the test, carrying 1 mark each.
There will be four sections for the entrance test. First section comprises questions from basic sciences where as later sections are based on diverse streams of engineering. Questions from basic sciences section is based on the following topics.
- Mathematics — 8 Questions
- Physics — 8 Questions
- Chemistry — 3 Questions
- Communication Skill — 3 Questions
- General Awareness — 3 Questions
Questions for Section B is based on electronics stream and based on the following topics.
- Elements of Electrical Engineering — 9 Questions
- Elements of Electronics Engineering — 8 Questions
- Elements of Computer Engineering — 8 Questions
Section C is based on mechanical engineering and comprise questions from topics as mentioned below.
- Elements of Mechanical Engineering — 8 Questions
- Elements of Production Engineering/ Manufacturing Processes — 6 Questions
- Auto Engineering — 6 Questions
Last section includes questions from other engineering topics as mentioned below.
- Ceramic Engineering — 2 Questions
- Chemical / Printing Engineering — 2 Questions
- Civil Engineering — 5 Questions
- Food Technology — 2 Questions
- Textile Engineering — 5 Questions
- Others– 4 Questions
Candidates are requested to select one right answer from the given choices. There is no deduction in marks for wrong answers. Those who qualify the written test are subjected for certificate verification process, before confirming their admission.
- B.Tech Electrical Lateral Entry Admission in Mumbai University
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering in Lateral Entry Admissions in Calicut University
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Kashmir University
- B.Tech Electrical Engineering Lateral Entry Admission in Punjab Technical University
- B.Tech Civil Lateral Entry Admission in Mumbai University
- B.Tech in Biotechnology lateral entry admissions in Markandeshwar University, Mullana
- B.Tech Electrical Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering Lateral Entry Admission in Mangalayatan University
- B.Tech Civil Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Karunya University
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication through Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University
- B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admission in Punjab Technical University
- B.Tech in EEE through Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University
- B.Tech Information Technology Engineering Lateral Entry Admissions in Kerala University
- B.Tech ECE Lateral Entry Admissions in Manav Rachna International University
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Lateral Entry Admissions in Kashmir University