27th August 2016, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of M.Sc IT course?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed my B.A , and now doing Msc IT (4th sem.). i have 65% marks in Msc IT till now. m i eligible for Net? What is the minimum criteria asked for giving the exam? Can you please provide me the information on the same? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for NET, if passed MSc in 4 years from an open university? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completing MA and B.Ed in English? What is the syllabus for NET exam?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam without completion of Ph.D?
  4. Am I eligible to take admission in Ph.D after completion of M.A in Hindi?
  5. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in computer science after completion of MCA?
  6. Can I appear in NET/SET 2016 after completion of M.Sc in June 2016?
  7. How can I apply for GATE exam after completion of MSc Maths 2nd year
  8. Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Botany with 57%? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What all jobs we are eligible to apply after completion of diploma in Electronics?
  10. Am I eligible to do Ph.D through UGC NET after completion of M.Sc Geography from Andhra University?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education
  12. Is it possible for me to do Ph.D course right after completion of B.Tech and MBA?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%?
  14. Can I be eligible for NET, SET exam after completing BSc computer science in regular and MSc software technology in correspondence
  15. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of B.Sc and PG in English?
  16. What is the process of doing Ph.D after completion of MCA course?
  17. Am I eligible to appear for NET exam after completing MSc Physics? How to prepare for NET exam?
  18. Can biotech students apply for UGC NET in environment sciences?
27th August 2016, 11:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of M.Sc IT course?

Yes, you can surely apply for UGC NET, just make sure that you have at least 55% marks in your M.Sc degree. You can appear for the subject in which you have your M.Sc degree.

There is relaxation of 5% marks, if you belong to a reserved category. For lectureship there isn't any upper age limit, but for JRF there is upper age limit of 28 years for general category candidate.
28th August 2016, 08:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of M.Sc IT course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed my B.A , and now doing Msc IT (4th sem.). i have 65% marks in Msc IT till now. m i eligible for Net? What is the minimum criteria asked for giving the exam? Can you please provide me the information on the same? Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam because you have got 65% marks in M.Sc in IT till 3rd semester.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There are no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?