24th September 2011, 08:26 PM
bhemagire09

Default Re: How to become an IPS officer after 12th?

education; graduate any
age limit; general-30, obc;33, sc/st;35
2nd October 2011, 08:35 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

you are not eligible now for appear in this exam, as you have just completed your 12. you must have to complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized college.
the age limit for this examination is 21-30,there are 5 years of relaxation are given to SC\ST candidates.
number of attempts permitted for the general category is 4,
for OBC it is 7
and for SC/ST there is no limit..
15th November 2011, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

Kya main 12 ke baad direct IPS ki tayari kar sakti hu?
26th November 2011, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

HELLO SIR. I MYSELF AM VARUN MOHE AND I AM 10th STANDARD. PLAESE GUIDE ME TO PREPARE FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION FOR I.P.S OFFICER FROM NOW ONLY.
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE MYSELF PERFECT FOR MY AIM?
PLEASE HELP. I'd BE GRATELY OBLIGED.
THANKYOU.
3rd December 2011, 04:51 PM
nikeetaa muthiyan

Hi,

after 12th u need to appear for civil service exam UPCS
IPS is the acronym for Indian Police Service, another civil service sector that draws thousands of aspiring candidates. Admission to IPS can be obtained upon successful clearance of the all India competitive exam administered by UPSC.

IPS exam pattern

The UPSC examination comprises of two successive stages. IPS exam is carried out by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and constitutes two stages:

1. The Preliminary Examination and
2. The Main Examination.

* Preliminary Exam comprises multiple choice questions and is also a qualifying exam for appearing into second exam.
* Main Examination which comprises a written exam and an interview.
Eligibility for IPS exam

* You must be 21 years (minimum) and 30 years (maximum) at the time of taking exam. SC/ST/OBC and ex-servicemen are given exemption of 3 to 5 years in maximum age limit.
* People belonging to general category can appear for IPS exam four times, while OBCs can appear for seven times but no limit has been set for SC/ST. keep in mind, even appearing in just exam is counted as an attempt.
* You also need to meet physical standards mentioned in application form.
22nd February 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

plz tel me which is the best center in hyd for civils
6th October 2012, 09:21 PM
suraj391

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year bu applying and appearing the examination.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate should maintain the minimum Physical requirements such as:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm whikle SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The civil Service exam can be applied through both off line and on line mode by paying requisite fee for the exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

-CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam comprises of objective type questions.

-Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions from prescribed syllabus.

-Personal Interview

For more information you may log on tohttp://www.upsc.gov.in
10th February 2013, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

HI SIR,
I M PRIYANKAL....I M IN 10th NOW AND AFTER 12TH I WANT TO BECAME AN IPS OFFICER. I WANT TO KNOW HOW SHOULD I OPPT. FOR IPS........
23rd March 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Respeted sir
Me 12th class ka student hu me commerce
ka student hu our me I.P.S ke tayari karna chata
hu so please sir/mam inform me how can to prepare
for I.P.S
MY CONTECT
Email [email protected]
Cell number - 9899821203,8285878446
24th March 2013, 12:21 AM
HIMANSHUAGARWAL123

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IPS officer after 12th?

My dear friend,
As you want to be an IPS officer you have to write civil service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility:Candidates who are passed their graduation or any equivalent degree from any recognized university/institutions with 60% marks can apply for the exam. Candidates who are in final year of their graduation or any equivalent degree are also eligible for the exam.

Age-Limit: A candidate must be the 21 years of his/her age when he/she apply the exam.
General category students can apply up-to 30 years of his/her age.
OBC category students can apply up-to 33 years of his/her age.
SC/ST category students can apply up-to 35 years of his/her age.

No of attempts: General category students can apply the exam four times.
OBC category students can apply the exam seven times
There is no limits for SC/ST category students to apply the exam.

Note: As you are 12 passed student so complete your graduation and apply for the exam.

Best of Luck
Thanks
24th March 2013, 03:02 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunraj1993 View Post
Hello sir, I had finished my 12th exam. My aim is to become IPS officer.
I am happy to see your interest in the field of Civil Services but you need graduation degree to appear in the Civil Service examination.

After 12th you can not appear in the IPS entrance examination. Indian Police Service (IPS) is consider as the one of the famous and respected job. The IPS examination is come under the civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in every year for the selection of the talented candidates of India.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Examination.
-- Pass graduation degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final year candidates can also appear in the Civil Services examination.
-- The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

This is the basic eligibility criteria for the IPS entrance examination. As per above mention eligibility criteria you are not eligible to apply for the IPS entrance examination. For any more and complete information regarding the IPS examination please visit the official website of the UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.go.in

So, I advise you to first complete the graduation degree with good marks and then think about the Civil Services examination. Wish you All the Best.
24th March 2013, 01:42 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

I am sorry you are not eligible for the IPS exam after completing 12th standard.

You need to complete the Graduation from any recognized university.

Eligibility Criteria:

Nationality:

You should be origin of India.

Educational Qualification:

You should complete the Graduation from any recognized university with any stream.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible. No minimum percentage required for this exam.

Age limit:

The candidate minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years. The upper age relaxation is applicable. 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST. And 10 years for PH.

The general candidates need the minimum 4 attempts are required to appearing this exam. 7 attempts for the OBC and no limit for the SC/ST.

The candidate should physically fit for this exam.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

first you can written for the preliminary Exam. This exam duration is 2 hours and 200 questions.

Then the main exam should be conducted this exam duration is 3 hours and 300 questions is there.

For more details visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
24th March 2013, 08:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th one is not eligible to become an IPS officer as the minimum academic qualification for the same is Graduation Degree in any stream.

To become an IPS officer one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility for IPS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National.
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
-Should have possessed good Physical Fitness with required minimum Physical standard.

The selection is through two phases of written exam such as Preliminary Exam also called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) exam followed by Civil Service Main Exam and finally through Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on tohttp://www.upsc.gov.in
27th June 2013, 02:42 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

hiiiiiiiiiii
after 12th you have to finish your degree

To become IPS officer,
you will need to apper in the civil service examination.
Civil Service examination is conducted every year by UPSC(union public service commission).

STEP-1 Eligibility
-The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for this exam is a bachelor degree in any stream.
-The minimum eligible age for general candidate is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
Relaxation of age for candidate belonging to OBC category is 3 years and for candidate belonging to SC/ST category is 5 years.

STEP-2 Candidate needs to face three phases of the examination.

1. Preliminary examination-conducted during the second half of may.
In the preliminary exam, you will have to write two papers.
-General studies
-Optional Paper

STEP-3 Select optional subject for the list of optional subject
Psychology,
Agriculture ,
Botany,
Commerce,
Economics,
Geography,
IndianHistory ,
Law,
Civil Engineering ,
Mathematics ,
Mechanical Engineering,
Medical Science,
Philosophy ,
Physics ,
Electrical Engineering ,
Political Science ,
Geology ,
Public Administration,
Sociology,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science ,
Chemistry ,
Statistics .

After qualifying preliminary examination, you will need to appear for

STEP-4. Main examination- conducted during the month of oct/nov

In the main exam, you will have to appear for the following subjects

Modern Indian Language,
General English,
Essay,
General Studies and
optional subjects.

STEP-5. After successful performance in the main exam, you will be called for an interview.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?